• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SOOOO...... I am in Deuce mode.. Life Story

trudsmtuner

So it started many moons ago when i was younger and i would get in these kicks for certain things. Food objects. Whatever it was i took whatever mood i was in and ran with it. I read about it, studied it, lived it.

Well a few years ago i was into Suzuki Samurai's. So i built a 88 sammy with a 4.3 alum. intake. 4 barrell, turbo 350 with 205 transfercase, toyota axles, ARB air locker in front electric locker in back. It was a screamer. well i never got any attention when i went out to play with the big boys. Well to have a big truck around here you can but there is one barney fife in town that gives you crap over really big trucks. My plans was to get an old 70's f-600 with oshkosh 4x4 axles. then takea f150 front clip and bed and put on it to make it a big truck, that was legally over 10,001 lbs, Cause in west virginia anythign over that is no bumber height law. Well i read up about them and then a buddy of mine said he was goign to bob a deuce. So then it got my wheels turning, Easy parts, Nice 6cyl turbo diesel.

SO that set my wheels into motion to find a deuce.

Well about a week ago it all started.
I found a deuce, went bought it, then i found a set of 18-22.5 wheels they measure 44inches
then i found a trailer and bed and hard top and 14/20 tires
so now it's time for the tear down rebuild.

catch you all later
Justin

P.S I put my flame jacket on for the spelling, When i'm i na hurry i do not punctuate and make run on sentences. Yadda yadda, that what's wrong with people today lazy, ruining the English language with the lols and omgz and lmao.

So bye bye for now

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You are a sick, sick man.......it is obvious you have a terminal case of the dreaded "Green Iron Fever"........but at least you are in good company......keep posting as you go along.....we all like to live vicariously through the projects of others.

trudsmtuner

I know, I do have the fever. I am defiantly hooked. This little girl has a few problems, but hopefully I'll get them ironed out. Wish I would have spent the extra money on a a decent one to start with. But hey least i'll learn a little on this one.
Haven't decided which tires to use.

trudsmtuner

Thanks for the welcome, Hopefully I will be starting on the project before to long.
using a buddies shop, and shops tired up for a week or so more.

Might try my hand at mounting the 14/20 xl's up. whew

trudsmtuner

Here Are Some Videos Of it I took:

Loading her up from her snowy grave, like rescuing a dog from the pound
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H1ccaSUhiI&feature=channel[/media]
Starting her up
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrFGIM7Jmhc&feature=channel[/media]
And banging some gears
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZBNRubai0[/media]

:beer:

trudsmtuner

I found that if you heat up the sending unit to melt snow off with a torch it will explode in your face and leave rust shrapnel in your face, and pull the spot welds for the baffles out, and blow the gas cap 50 feet away from you. dont ask me how i know :shock:.
Umm put an inline pump on it, Found that even though people changes the secondary fuel filters nobody knows where the first is. learned the previous owner smashed a truck and caused the bumper to be bent in and make the radiator leak a little, and air ride seats are nice.

oh and dont use a torpedo heater to try to warm the engine up from the side because when your used to most diesels with metal for everything, you melt the plastic return lines, and intake heater lines. aua

That;s about it for now. My brain hurts :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks