• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sorry Folks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, some things have come up here at the house with family, school, schedules and the like and I won't be able to make the trip. I'm going to try to send PMs to everyone that I had made arrangements with as far as picking up/ delivering parts. I think Devilman is going to be the maddest but I gotta do whats right for the family I have a few things going north and I'll try to con Mike into bringing them up. Don't know if he can bring any of my junk back. The following folks should look for PMs sometime tomorrow.
Marksgarage
Devilman96
Armyman30plusyrs
DDoyle
Steelsoldiers
CGarbee
Gimpyrobb

....and maybe a few more if I remember. Again, sorry folks but sometimes things happen.

CGarbee

We'll miss you...
None of the stuff you were hauling for me is critical, and the stuff I have of your's is in comfortable storage.
Take care, and let us know if we can help with anything.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Rizzo, thats my kid at Aberdeen 2005. I'm gonna miss all that again. Oh well!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I detect sadness in your writing Kenny, well these things are never 100%, heck, I'm not 100% myself, but will carry on hoping everything gets done in time.
Still got a lot of biodiesel to make. Need about 100 gallons of bio and veggie oil for the 950 mile roundtrip. My son Adrian drove his CJ7 to California, so he wont be coming this time.

The weather has cooperated for 3 years straight, are we due for a rainy weekend?

mangus580

cranetruck said:
The weather has cooperated for 3 years straight, are we due for a rainy weekend?
Are you kidding? It POURED thursday afternoon/evening last year.... I mean POURED!

:)

Ask RDD.... He layed under my 116 running the impact to take off a generator in that rain :cookoo: Thanks again Jed!! I sure wasnt gonna do it! rofl

CGarbee

Yeah, that rain inspired me to actually get the canvas preservative/waterproofer out of the bucket and onto the cargo cover of my duece... Amazing how much nicer it is to have a dry place to sleep :)

That rain last year on Thursday hit right after I got most everything unloaded, but before I got it covered.

This year, the tent goes up first (will be the last thing loaded...) :)

I was hoping that Kenny would bring us good weather from Florida this year like he did last time he made the trip... Oh well, maybee I'll just have to run down his way sometime.

Bjorn: We'll miss seeing Adrian. I've enjoyed talking with him about his M37...

red devils dude

mangus580 said:
cranetruck said:
Are you kidding? It POURED thursday afternoon/evening last year.... I mean POURED!

:)

Ask RDD.... He layed under my 116 running the impact to take off a generator in that rain :cookoo: Thanks again Jed!! I sure wasnt gonna do it! rofl
And I will say once again it was dry under the trailer :D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry to hear that Kenny, I was looking forward to shooting the breeze with you

Armada

Kenny, glad to see you're a man with his priorities in the right place. You will be missed and I was looking forward to meeting you, but there will be another time!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Microsoft Maps says BWI is 43 miles from Churchville. Anyone know how long it would take to make that trip on say, a Friday afternoon around 1630 hrs? Yes, I'm considering flying in but I'll need to borrow a cot or two and might need a ride each direction. Anyone? Cabell, if this works out, save me some pig.

CGarbee

Kenny, you fly in, and we'll find a spot for you to sleep... I'm taking both the M35 and the M37, and they both can sleep quite a few folks between them... Heck, I'll even toss a cot and one of my spare sleeping bags in the truck for you if you'd like...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK folks, looks like I can do this. I've got a ticket and a rental so I won't need a ride. See all y'all Friday at the cookout.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not connected and I'm going to try doing it the following weekend. If I leave after J gets dropped off, I can do everything and be back Monday night. My brother has agreed to drive the 70 miles to my house to take him to school on Monday. Still waiting on the final confirmation on that ride. I failed to remember all the details of having a baby in this whole deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks