• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sorry for the newb question

10mm fan

but if a truck has an air select front axle is that the same thing as saying it has an "air select t case"?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No sir...the air select for the front axle only engages your front axle for pulling. You don't have the sprague unit.
The T-case moves you from low to high range etc.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
an airshift deuce has two transfer case shifters. the shift lever that sticks through the floor slelects the range of the T-case high, neutral, or low. The airshift switch on the dash engages/disengages the front output of the t-case( which turns the driveshaft engaging the front axle)

The front axles assembly are the same either way.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No sir...the air select for the front axle only engages your front axle for pulling. You don't have the sprague unit.
The T-case moves you from low to high range etc.
I'd have to disagree. The air shifting does take place inside the t-case. You are correct in saying the t-case does shift from high and low but it also engages the front axle. If I saw a truck for sale and the add said "air select t-case" I would think it meant it had a air-shift and not a sprag.