• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sound Deadening & Heat Reduction - DynaPad

Gamble

Has anyone ever used DynaPad for sound deadening and/or heat Reduction?

Dynapad is the heavier material without an adhesive side. It can be used like padding under carpet if need be. Curious to see if anyone has used it.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't recall anyone mentioning DynaPad, but there are some threads that mention Dynamat and its competitors. Best results in my observation are when the install is done with major components removed and clean/clear body panels. Comments on whether to do it inside or underside vary as well.
This might help.

BDGR

SmartDrug

I can't speak to the various butyl products, but I made my own "Lizardskin" knock off for my old jeep and it worked well enough. It was WAY cheaper than buying actual Lizardskin, too.

I got a gallon of "Oops" paint from Home Depot - Exterior Latex, had them dye it dark grey, mix in hollow Microspheres until it becomes quite thick, slather than stuff on everything. I was on a bare tub before I Herculiner-ed over the "Lizardskin", it helped a good amount, but was still the loudest vehicle I have ever owned, that was before I bought a HMMWV, though!

EDIT: Correction-Not "Microbeads", but rather "Hollow Microspheres"

https://www.amazon.com/Glass-Bubble...ords=glass+microspheres&qid=1652459329&sr=8-3

https://www.tenroadsglass.com/products/hollow-glass-beads.html

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used lots of Dynamat under the floor and over top the transmission on my Deuce to keep the noise down a bit and it did a very good job on both the noice and the heat coming from the floor. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again, by the way I think all of these products are very close in both what they are made of and how effective they are in doing their job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks