• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sound proofing the Cab of my M1028A1

chesapeake

My old floor mat and padding needed replacing. I tore it all out and I am going to clean the floor of the cab and primer it. I also thought about throughing down a layer of the Rust-O-Leum bedliner just to help protect against rust. It is pretty clean with just minor surface rust.

I have searched on here to see what ya'll use for sound proofing and shielding from heat (man it got loud and hot over the summer). Basically I have seen Dynamat and roll on bedliners. I was interested in putting down a mat and then covering it with the rubber mats. I am really open to anything except carpet.

Thanks

Ted

tim292stro

Take a look at DynaPad - different product from Dynamat, but has a Vinyl floor surface on the top. I used it in my Toyota with good results (did the firewall, floor, and rear wall).

This product is a multi layer item - a soft layer of closed-cell insulation, a layer of loaded mass (like dynamat), then another layer of soft closed-cell foam, then the hard cover surface (still flexible). It doesn't have a sticky surface like Dynamat or Dynaliner (the simple closed-cell foam product), so if you put it on a wall you want to get a 3M contact adhesive or Barge Cement.

Last edited:

GFB

I have heard of guys having good luck with protectoseal type butyl rubber window sealer. I think it's similar to what the original dynomat was.