• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for 5 ton wheel cylinders

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a friend that has a 5 ton that needs a wheel cylinder replaced or rebuilt.

Is there a civ cross over part (NAPA, Fleet Pride, etc) or rebuild kit available.

If not, which of the usual suspects has the parts at a (fairly) reasonable price?

Thanks.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought one for my M818. Antelope Valley truck parts had them for $38.00. O.D. iron was a couple bucks cheaper but I figured Cali would be cheaper shipping$$$. The fronts are 1 3/4" and the rears are 2". You can use 2" on front and rear if you want.

Amer-team

Have him check to see if he has 1 3/4 or 2 inch before you spend the money for a new cylinder.

I ordered a new one so it would be ready when I got it apart. Took the old one out and opened the package of the new one, I had 2 inch on the front and a brand new 1 3/4 in my hand. Ended up running a hone through put them back to gether and they seem to be fine.

the truck had brand new brake parts about 3 or 4 years ago and was not driven much. They had put DOT 3 in the system and the fluid was milky and the cylinders rusted. Figured I had to kick that can again. Now there is DOT 5 back in the system to match the decal on the dash.

pcblakeley

Anyone know the deal with a M54A2 wheel cylinder? I got one that I think is frozen in the back but figured I would tear into them and get them all fresh on the back.

I wonder if the work is going to be hard? just looking at the wheelit seems pretty straight forward. Anyone know if I need special tools?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks