• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for 5 ton wheel cylinders

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a friend that has a 5 ton that needs a wheel cylinder replaced or rebuilt.

Is there a civ cross over part (NAPA, Fleet Pride, etc) or rebuild kit available.

If not, which of the usual suspects has the parts at a (fairly) reasonable price?

Thanks.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought one for my M818. Antelope Valley truck parts had them for $38.00. O.D. iron was a couple bucks cheaper but I figured Cali would be cheaper shipping$$$. The fronts are 1 3/4" and the rears are 2". You can use 2" on front and rear if you want.

Amer-team

Have him check to see if he has 1 3/4 or 2 inch before you spend the money for a new cylinder.

I ordered a new one so it would be ready when I got it apart. Took the old one out and opened the package of the new one, I had 2 inch on the front and a brand new 1 3/4 in my hand. Ended up running a hone through put them back to gether and they seem to be fine.

the truck had brand new brake parts about 3 or 4 years ago and was not driven much. They had put DOT 3 in the system and the fluid was milky and the cylinders rusted. Figured I had to kick that can again. Now there is DOT 5 back in the system to match the decal on the dash.

pcblakeley

Anyone know the deal with a M54A2 wheel cylinder? I got one that I think is frozen in the back but figured I would tear into them and get them all fresh on the back.

I wonder if the work is going to be hard? just looking at the wheelit seems pretty straight forward. Anyone know if I need special tools?