• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for bullet connector insulators?

45FMJoe

Does anyone know where to find the big rubber insulators that go over the bullet connectors on M10X series trailers? I don't want to splice any wires, so I made a 4-pin flat harness out of wire and bullet connectors to plug into the wires at the tongue of my M103. I would like to find the big rubber insulators though, just because I'm anal retentive like that.

I also need to whip up a harness for my dad's M105 by next week, and I would like to do the same thing. Thanks! :beer:

45FMJoe

Just about 85% of MVs have those connectors, not just trailers.
I guess you're right since the taillights on the deuce are the same.

What I'm going to do is paint the connectors 4 different colors on the trailer harness, the 12 pin harness and the 4-pin harness I make for his truck. That way it's easy to swap between pulling the M105 with the deuce or his truck, just switch 4 wires on the harness.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You know there is "Y" adapters for these, you could have dual plugs on the trailer and not have to swap out the connectors. Just an fyi to make it easier on ya!

45FMJoe

You know there is "Y" adapters for these, you could have dual plugs on the trailer and not have to swap out the connectors. Just an fyi to make it easier on ya!
I saw that AFTER I ordered. :doh:

Oh well, they're pretty expensive and with one 10 pack of connectors I can re-do my M116A3 harness, my best friend's M101A1 harness and make one for my dad for his M105. :)

I have some basic experience working on vehicles, I have done repairs on our delivery vans and basic stuff to my Jeep Wrangler, but ever since we got some trailers and a deuce I've been able to dive right in. I'm enjoying it very much. I'm going to look at a 1943 Willys this weekend that would require a complete restoration. The funny thing is last week I had to see a shrink to be medically cleared to be an LEO. When he asked about hobbies I told him working on my vehicles was a hobby of mine, and a way to blow off steam. In hindsight I wonder if I had elaborated on the Jeep/Deuce/trailers and the fact that I want an MB, a CUCV, a Deuce of my own, etc. I'm pretty sure he would have thought I was nuts!

Last edited: