• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

source for cucv ignition switch

croftonaviation

hello all, on the advise of warthog (thank you) I have been troubleshooting my electrical system issues and am looking for an ignition switch. the part referenced to in the -32 is under section 4-13 item #9. Is this a part I can get from napa? Also what do I ask for? I am assuming that this part is different from where the key goes. I appreciate the help, this is my first time messing with the steering column.

Thank you for the help.

I found what I was looking for from lmc truck, thanks

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, NAPA should have it. No idea on the cost. The switch is on the top of the column beneath the dash. It's actuated by a rod that runs up to the ignition lock. Pay attention when taking it apart.
Sometimes the "rack" in the column breaks and doesn't move the rod when you turn the ignition lock. If this is the case, you'd have to get one from a junker or a GM dealer.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting find, as I have searched the parts manuals, -20p and -34p, and the ignition switch is not listed so no GM part number. Go figure.

Any parts house will have it. Ask for an ignoition switch for a 1984 Chevy K5, with column shift and wo/tilt wheel.

NAPA part number ECH KS6623 - $21.99 or they have a cheaper version
ECH KS6623SB - $10.49

Attachments

Capt.Marion

$15. Tell the person at the parts counter that you need the ignition switch (NOT THE KEY/LOCK CYLINDER) for an '84 K5 Blazer with the 6.2L diesel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks