• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for LMTV CBs and relays.

Celticlady

When they demilitarized my truck they completely stripped the panel of any CBs and relays when they took out the radios etc. And damaged a few more.

Best place to get more?

Ronmar

Yep, standard automotive blade fuses will plug right in, that’s what I am using.

the original config used 4 types of relays, 12 and 24v coils, 4 and 5 pin. You only need 5 pin relays in 12 and 24v, as they will work in place of the 4 pins. Mistakenly putting a 4 pin where a 5 pin should be will cause problems(won’t start, won’t crank, alt wont come on line ect)... also pay attention that 12mand 24v powered relays receive the appropriate voltage coil...

forget who found and posted these, but they have the flyback diodes specced in the schematics... google the numbers circled in red, should be able to get them off amazon...

BC0586F7-6D64-429C-9A2F-ED672BEB12F1.jpeg

Celticlady

Yep, standard automotive blade fuses will plug right in, that’s what I am using.

the original config used 4 types of relays, 12 and 24v coils, 4 and 5 pin. You only need 5 pin relays in 12 and 24v, as they will work in place of the 4 pins. Mistakenly putting a 4 pin where a 5 pin should be will cause problems(won’t start, won’t crank, alt wont come on line ect)... also pay attention that 12mand 24v powered relays receive the appropriate voltage coil...

forget who found and posted these, but they have the flyback diodes specced in the schematics... google the numbers circled in red, should be able to get them off amazon...

View attachment 832354

Thanks

spankybear

View attachment 832354
Them are my fingers...

Reasons I picked those relays are...

1) the diode
2) the color is different between the 12 volt and 24 volt coils
3) the where relatively inexpensive (shop around and Amazon was WAY too high)
4) NOT made in China
5) 5 pin will work in place of 4 pin so less spares to keep.

Last edited:

DTinNC

Just to reiterate those that reiterated. Lol

5 blade 12v and 24v relays work like a charm. Quality aside any will work so long as the terminals are rated for the amperage. I've been using 40amp rated.

spankybear

Just to reiterate those that reiterated. Lol

5 blade 12v and 24v relays work like a charm. Quality aside any will work so long as the terminals are rated for the amperage. I've been using 40amp rated.
I have used "40" amp rated relays no name China ones that I have had issues with. I took them apart and the contact where pitted and burnt. Had one stuck closed... I have not had this type of issues with the Bosch even though they are rated less. Alot has to do with the diode as the 40 amp ones didn't have. It has to do with the braking current. The bosh ones I bough I found for around 6 bucks... They cost more then the chinees ones but I think they world better

DTinNC

I have used "40" amp rated relays no name China ones that I have had issues with. I took them apart and the contact where pitted and burnt. Had one stuck closed... I have not had this type of issues with the Bosch even though they are rated less. Alot has to do with the diode as the 40 amp ones didn't have. It has to do with the braking current. The bosh ones I bough I found for around 6 bucks... They cost more then the chinees ones but I think they world better
Anything Bosch is usually better. 👍

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks