• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for quality replacement floormat

Miah

Hey everyone. Looking to replace the house carpeting that someone put in my Blazer. Got it all cleaned out & started installing one of those aftermarket rubber floormats & it's just not fitting well & my lack of patience isn't helping things. Does anyone know if some company actually offers a good quality interior mat that's pre-cut & ready-to-go?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't put them in my 1009s, but I just installed a floor mat from LMC in my 1028.

I took it out of the box and unrolled it out across the hood to sit in the sun for half an hour. That softens it and gets any wrinkles out. Be careful, it also gets quite hot!
Then we laid it in on the floor and worked it into place. Careful local heating with a heat gun kept things soft in the right places and with some massaging it conformed very nicely to the floor and the humps.

If we'd laid it in cold from the box, I think it would have been like putting a rhino skin over a horse. :p

Cheers

20200708_142360.jpg

Last edited:

Miah

Yeah i bought an ACC brand off ebay & it just didn't fit the floorpan that great & getting all the bolt holes lined up didn't end well.
I'm not really wanting to go thru that again, i'd pull a used mat 1st at this point.

cucvrus

Just a suggestion. Get a sprayed in Line X floor and never look back. 20 years on a plow truck and it died when run off the road into a ditch, The floor was rust free when I sawzalled the cab for scrap. Good Luck.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought it from LMC about 10 days ago. It is the 'high hump' version, appropriate to all 4WD trucks. Part number is below.

The TC shifter hole isn't cut out, I just cut a diagonal X in the rubber when it was all snugged down to stick the shifter through. I decided not to cut around the fire extinguisher bracket mount, I'll just poke holes for the screws through the mat.

It took the heat gun and some massaging to get it to really snug down, but was a great fit. I'm pretty picky, and I'm real happy with this one. :)
I painted the floor and up the back wall of the cab with Lizard Skin prior to the mat. This was mainly to cut down heat in the cab.

Cheers

0.JPG

0331king

I haven't put them in my 1009s, but I just installed a floor mat from LMC in my 1028.

I took it out of the box and unrolled it out across the hood to sit in the sun for half an hour. That softens it and gets any wrinkles out. Be careful, it also gets quite hot!
Then we laid it in on the floor and worked it into place. Careful local heating with a heat gun kept things soft in the right places and with some massaging it conformed very nicely to the floor and the humps.

If we'd laid it in cold from the box, I think it would have been like putting a rhino skin over a horse. :p

Cheers

View attachment 805723
I wish my ACC kit turned out even 1/2 this good.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you try again, the LMC is good, but you do have to work it a bit with heat. Well worth the effort.

0331 USMC-style?

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks