• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for radio locks

riderdan

In my search for a lock to complete the RT-524 install in my humvee, I came across a report (http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/782109.pdf) about locking devices that were tested in the 70's. The lock replaces one of the clamps on the MT1029 radio mount.

I don't live in a high-crime area, so this would just be something to prevent a crime of opportunity. I'm not expecting it to defeat a determined attempt to remove the radio.

Anyone know if these ever got an NSN or have a source for them or a similar lock? Or other ideas for locking the radio?

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
I seem to remember that we drilled a hole in one of the fastening/ mounting screws in front, that push the radio back into the mount. Then we took some flat stock, and bent it so it slid into the radio mount, under, or over? The fastener. A hole was drilled in the home made bracket, to match up with the hole in the fastener. If I was standing in front of the rig, I could perhaps explain it better. I think that this lock is in the PS mag. But can't swear to it. If nothing else, perhaps this can at least give you a start.

The lock to use is a 200 series lock. We always used set locks. Six locks, one key, for the whole truck.

Last edited: