• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for reliable starter (or rebuild service)

HelluvaEngineer

Sorry, I know this topic has been discussed many times but the threads I found are old. I'm looking to buy a local m1009 and I have reason to believe the new starter on it is junk and is causing the relays to pop. I'm guessing that must be a solenoid issue. Anyway, I'd love to find a shop near Atlanta that can test it, fix it, tell me to throw it away, etc. Anyone know of one?

Lacking that is there a source for e reliable starter? I see the Amazon ones are rated as junk. I found this link. Any others?

http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/stmoforcum1e.html

Thanks to everyone.

someoldmoose

Lancaster Starter and Alternator Lancaster, PA `17601 (online or by phone) Ask for Bart. They do it all. He gets Yacht stuff shipped to him that NO ONE else will touch. Anybody have parts for a '35 Chris Craft starter ? ? ? Bart does ! or at least knows where tuh gittem. Just please tell him I sentcha ( Chris Herr from the firehouse ) He prolly won't remember but he said for me to say that. Anyway, super guy, SUPERB WORK . Good luck and Happy Motoring !

HelluvaEngineer

Lancaster Starter and Alternator Lancaster, PA `17601 (online or by phone) Ask for Bart. They do it all. He gets Yacht stuff shipped to him that NO ONE else will touch. Anybody have parts for a '35 Chris Craft starter ? ? ? Bart does ! or at least knows where tuh gittem. Just please tell him I sentcha ( Chris Herr from the firehouse ) He prolly won't remember but he said for me to say that. Anyway, super guy, SUPERB WORK . Good luck and Happy Motoring !
Thanks, that's really good to know. My Dad lives there and could toss it in a USPS flat rate box for me.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the olden days before the internet, I would look in the yellow pages for local shops.

I don't expect all businesses advertise in the yellow pages, or the internet.

Might try both.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Irregardless of whether you get thedirect drive or the gear reduction starter,
Make darn sure you have the proper support bracket for the type you bought.
They are different for each type and extremely important. If not supported
they can cause a lot of damage.
Also be sure to get NEW mounting bolts.

someoldmoose

Doghead,. It's def a MUCH shorter stroll for the phalanges now. We don't even bother with books for cross reference any more. Most are cell no. now and those are IMMMMMPOSSIBLE to keep track of. Only about half of our "ping" attempts are successful and subscriber info is always terrible. I looooove burner phones. Call 9-1-1, hang up, oh well, call back if it's important.

MarcusOReallyus

In the olden days before the internet, I would look in the yellow pages for local shops.

I don't expect all businesses advertise in the yellow pages, or the internet.

Might try both.

That's a really, really weird idea. I mean, nobody ever does anything anymore unless it's on the Internet!

I've got a local muffler shop that doesn't seem to know computers exist. Does great work at good prices. YMMV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks