• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for Sliding Window Felt

Tackettr

I have searched on here, the internet, and all local parts stores with no luck.

I need the felt that goes around the sliding window on a rear hardtop. It's for an M925 but I think they are the same on all M series. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Tackettr

Neither one had anything close (McMaster-Carr & Grainger) The closest thing I've found online is "CLR 7/16" x 3/8" Flexible Universal Glass Run Channel. However it is only sold in 100 & 500 foot rolls. The 100 ft roll is $185!!!!

Still searching for a better/cheaper solution.

Attachments

liftman

Try CR Laurence Co. They are a huge glazing supply company. They may only sell wholesale, but they can probably point you to a local dealer where you can buy smaller lengths.

Last edited:

Tackettr

They appear to be the only ones who make it. That is where I found it for $187 for 100 feet. Note the "CRL" in the item description. I can't believe I'm blazing the trail on this? Surely someone has found a cheaper solution or a good substitute?

I have bought channel felt for my m211 and 5 ton from (Steel rubber .com ) you just have to match up what you have to what they have . they will have every thing you need.

Tackettr

Update: I still have not found a goos solution to replacing the window run felt on a rear sliding window. I can get a 100 ft roll of it for $180 but can also get a good takeout window for about the same price. Has anyone found a better solution? Thanks.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Update: I still have not found a goos solution to replacing the window run felt on a rear sliding window. I can get a 100 ft roll of it for $180 but can also get a good takeout window for about the same price. Has anyone found a better solution? Thanks.

If it's definitely the same for M44/M39/M809 tops, I suspect you could buy it, break it up into kits and make a couple bucks to boot.

Tackettr

I might have to go that route, buy the whole roll and sell the rest on here. I can't believe I'm the first one to replace the felt on one of these windows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks