• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for Soft Doors?

Sintorion

Anyone have a suggestion for a source for used soft doors? I am wanting to make some half doors and only need the frame and considering 90% of what is auctioned looks like they need to be replaced, I would think I could find them at a reasonable price since there really is no value in a worn out door with scratched windows. The going rate on ebay seems to be around $500 for a set which isn't a whole lot less than what you can buy a set of new soft doors. I remember seeing some pics of places that had stacks of them on pallets, but can't remember where I saw it.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine by watching eBay over a few months. They do come up, and in varying states of repair, often priced accordingly. It's a waiting game. You can save a search and have it notify you when a listing comes up that meets your search terms. It worked for me.
Bulldogger

Sintorion

I may do that. Do you mind sharing what you paid for yours? Seems to me somewhere in the $50 each price range would be a fair price. I can't believe that they are getting $150 or more for them on ebay which seems to be about the going asking price.

Sintorion

What color are you looking for. I still have some that I took of my truck I would get rid of.
Really don't care about the color. My plan is to remove the canvas, cut the top part of the frame, reinforce the frame and skin it with cargo netting like this -
5198196_01_used_military_cargo_net_strap_640.jpg

HAWKMAN

Anyone have a suggestion for a source for used soft doors? I am wanting to make some half doors and only need the frame and considering 90% of what is auctioned looks like they need to be replaced, I would think I could find them at a reasonable price since there really is no value in a worn out door with scratched windows. The going rate on ebay seems to be around $500 for a set which isn't a whole lot less than what you can buy a set of new soft doors. I remember seeing some pics of places that had stacks of them on pallets, but can't remember where I saw it.
If any of the other deals don't pan out I still have piles of soft doors available.....2cents

DanM7890

The problem with these doors is shipping can be a deal breaker for some people unless they sell the door cheap enough to make it worth it.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found a carefully wrapped door in a box the same dimensions, handle removed, can ship for about $35 if I recall correctly.

I paid about $100-120 delivered for my doors, not having found four useable ones form one vendor. Since you only need the frames, I'd think you could hold out for some doors with bad skins and get them for less than $100 each delivered, but prices do vary.

Alternatively, it might be easier to grab the dimensions and make a half frame, since you plan to cut them down anyway.

Bulldogger

Mario

If you don't care about the fabric, someone should be able to ship door with shipping label slapped onto the door itself, sort of like they ship tires.
That should save few bucks.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

HAWKMAN

If these turn out decent, I may take a pallet or two off your hands if there is a market for them.
Send somebody over and I'll gladly pallet up a 100 or so....but... I did sell 4 doors that I cut in half for a fellow on this site that did the 'half door' thing and shipping wasn't bad...something like $40.00 for the four halves and I believe he was in GA. Depending on which half you are in need of and how good the 'skin' needs to be I could do four cut doors cheap.

DLJIII

I am selling my soft doors on ebay right now. All four doors and all hardware included for 400 buy now or 300 auction. Classic woodland camo pattern all that jazz. Auction ends sunday early evening. Check it out.

Kickerson

Hawkman has a bunch and was great to work with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks