• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

source for upper radiator hose for MEP-803a

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are folks here using as replacements for the upper radiator hose on their MEP-803a generators? Flex hose?

I've been considering having a production run of silicone hoses made and would like to establish whether there is sufficient interest in the piece to go ahead with a 100-500 piece production run.

I will not go forth with this unless I get a minimum interest of 50 pieces. I'll be fronting my own money if the run comes to fruition.

If you would be interested in keeping a spare upper hose in your parts stock or you need one now, please respond.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the NSN of this item?

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much are they wanting on 100 piece runs? I only have 18 left in stock.
I don't know yet, I've not made the call to find out. I'd also have to send a sample for them to copy.

Where in the world did you run into a supply of "only 18 left in stock"?

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think they're that uncommon, that you couldn't take one to a Napa store or Carquest & match them up, may have to "cut it to fit" ???
I've thought about that route but just haven't had the time to go do it recently.

With the number of generators out there, one would think they would be common......that's just not so.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISO group shows it is readily available. https://www.iso-group.com/Public/PartDetail/8820189/91805422/91805422.aspx

So does several other government suppliers.

One place shows them for less than $10. http://www.tzsupplies.com/4720-01-385-1139-radiator-hose-88-20189-generator-i3447340/

You might just try a request for quote from one of the available suppliers.

Also, Parttarget lists the hose specifications. http://www.parttarget.com/4720-01-385-1139_4720013851139_88-20189.html
I've seen these links you posted. I've not requested a quote from any supplier because they want a company name and address to even talk to you.

I've tried contacting the TZsupplies and not had a response from them. Makes me wonder if they are even a real entity.

The whole availability of this hose is ridiculously elusive.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You simply need a name, email and phone number to request from the first link.

They also list a phone number you can call.

And for parttarget, you only need an email address.

Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You simply need a name, email and phone number to request from the first link.

They also list a phone number you can call.

And for parttarget, you only need an email address.
Ok, will give them both a try and see where it leads. Thanks.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just requested a quote for you from parttarget.

No business name used.

Will update when I get a reply.

Took 30 seconds.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just requested a quote for you from parttarget.

No business name used.

Will update when I get a reply.

Took 30 seconds.
Thanks for that, I just requested one also from both.

Well, here's the response from PartTarget:

Just a short note to let you know that we have received your Request for Quote and to introduce myself to you. I will be responsible for following up on your requirement and will do so shortly with information as to its status.

However, in order to be of assistance to your company, I will need you to provide me with your corporate email and the name of your company. PartTarget, Inc. is structured as a Business to Business enterprise and in order to effectively service our customers, we do not engage in retail transactions.

If you would prefer to discuss the identity of your company over the phone, you can reach me at 818-721-9520. Otherwise, I look forward to receiving the necessary information and assisting you with your request.

Warm Regards,

Lena Wagner | Account Manager

Direct Phone: 818-721-9520

Fax: 818-975-5007

Email: lena.wagner@parttarget.com

CAGE: 78TM1

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the same reply.

I guess you need to get creative and have a friend with a business(use their info).

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the same reply.

I guess you need to get creative and have a friend with a business(use their info).
I do have a friend in the hardware business. I'll ask him next time I go by the store.

All those suppliers that crop up on the searches are all business to business suppliers and don't sell retail to individuals. This is what bugs me about this upper hose. I've yet to find one for sale retail from anyone, anywhere......and don't even mention gmg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks