• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

source for upper radiator hose for MEP-803a

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I reached out to a hose manufacturer (through my business email address), listed as having provided the lower hose previously. I have also inquired with the same firm if they can supply the upper hose. I have requested quantity break info too. Will pass forward if I get a response.

Bmxenbrett

I have delt with these companys before. There prices are out of this world high for me and you. We are talking $400 for a single power output lug.
Good luck

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I hit the mark with the manufacturer, but they are adamant that they will sell direct to the government only (I do sell to the government, but thats not good enough for them). Moving on...

Triple Jim

When I was in grade school I watched my father order some chemicals for me by phone, for a school project. I was surprised and a little proud of him when I heard him say "Hobbs Company". I learned then that one just has to supply the information the other party wants to hear. In your case, you could have a business on the side, run out of your home, for all they know, and of course it's called "(insert name) Company", or "(insert name) Generators", etc.. Remember to put a good signature file at the end of the emails you send. ;-)

Of course none of this helps if the price is sky high.

Last edited:

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't give up! There are several manufacturers that will make any silicon hose you want and would be happy to take money without all the GOV bs. Better than rubber and will last as long as the generator. Money well spent. One is in the UK and makes the best hose. They need a distributor in the USA by the way! The other is in CA.

https://www.viperperformance.co.uk/plainpage.php?pgId=6

https://youtu.be/ojX8FetNmws?t=16

https://www.siliconehose.com/oem-capabilities/

Both probably have a j hose close enough. The superflex by viper will work without having a custom hose made. It is smooth inside instead of ribbed like rubber flex hose. Some other rubber hose manufacturers are here in the US like http://www.rlhudson.com/hoses.html

Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Viper was who I was considering contacting for a run of hoses, but I'm not going forward with it unless there is some commitment to buy, at least from owners here on the board.
The last thing I need at this point is 499 unique application silicone hoses sitting on the shelf collecting dust with pile of money tied up in them.

justacitizen

Viper was who I was considering contacting for a run of hoses, but I'm not going forward with it unless there is some commitment to buy, at least from owners here on the board.
The last thing I need at this point is 499 unique application silicone hoses sitting on the shelf collecting dust with pile of money tied up in them.
i would consider committing. to buy an upper and lower if i knew what the cost was in advance???

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would bet they already have something formed up that is close enough to work. Has anyone taken a hose to the local auto parts store to see how it matches up with anything they have hanging on the rack?

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would bet they already have something formed up that is close enough to work. Has anyone taken a hose to the local auto parts store to see how it matches up with anything they have hanging on the rack?
I would like to but I don't have a spare hose and I'm not disassembling my set to obtain a sample.....YET......although it may eventually come to that if the info on that hose remains as close to the vest as its been for so long.

Guyfang

Staff member
When I was in grade school I watched my father order some chemicals for me by phone, for a school project. I was surprised and a little proud of him when I heard him say "Hobbs Company". I learned then that one just has to supply the information the other party wants to hear. In your case, you could have a business on the side, run out of your home, for all they know, and of course it's called "(insert name) Company", or "(insert name) Generators", etc.. Remember to put a good signature file at the end of the emails you send. ;-)

Of course none of this helps if the price is sky high.

Your Father would have made a fine Warrant Officer!

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, I sent Viper the specs on the hose for a 500 piece run. I am waiting to hear if they have ever done these or one similar. Everyone that owns an 802 or 803 should look at this this is a cost savings over the long run. Change your hoses and put in a very good 5 year / 150,000 mile diesel antifreeze and you are done with hoses for that unit for life (yes excellent silicon hoses have a lifetime warranty). There are thousands of these units out there. I have changed out a lot of hoses over the last 3 years on 1993 to 2003 units.

justacitizen

Ok guys, I sent Viper the specs on the hose for a 500 piece run. I am waiting to hear if they have ever done these or one similar. Everyone that owns an 802 or 803 should look at this this is a cost savings over the long run. Change your hoses and put in a very good 5 year / 150,000 mile diesel antifreeze and you are done with hoses for that unit for life (yes excellent silicon hoses have a lifetime warranty). There are thousands of these units out there. I have changed out a lot of hoses over the last 3 years on 1993 to 2003 units.

what about the bottom hose? is it easy to get???

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am getting a price on both. NOS hoses have age on them too! They are easier to find than the top hose but qty will run out.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard Head, Count me in for 3 of each upper and lowers if you do it. Hope all concerned realize the importance of having spares on hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks