• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

source for upper radiator hose for MEP-803a

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The upper is a 32MM 1.25" to 28MM 1.12" hose with a 28mm id. The lower is a 1.25" id hose. I have put flex rubber hoses on it that I picked up at Advanced. It would work. See pics. I am waiting to find out how much more a direct replacement or a cuffed silicon hose for the lower.

IMG_0706.jpgIMG_0708.jpg

Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The upper is a 32MM 1.25" to 28MM 1.12" hose with a 28mm id. The lower is a 1.25" id hose. I have put flex rubber hoses on it that I picked up at Advanced. It would work. See pics. I am waiting to find out how much more a direct replacement or a cuffed silicon hose for the lower.

View attachment 720007View attachment 720008
Thank You Sir!! That is great info to know......saves me the parts store browsing and takes away the guess work....but I'm still in for the other silicone sets if they get made.[thumbzup]

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those universal hoses are no where near the quality of a molded hose. There also about half as thick.
Maybe so but its still better to have one on the shelf in a pinch than be searching high and low for molded hose with the generator down when you need it.;)

They are easy to come by and they are inexpensive.

Bmxenbrett

Maybe so but its still better to have one on the shelf in a pinch than be searching high and low for molded hose with the generator down when you need it.;)

They are easy to come by and they are inexpensive.
For an emergency for sure but if i can get a molded hose il take one...that is what this thread is about.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well this will not be cheap by any means but I am going to R&D it on two of my generators (802 and 803). It will cost around $200 per hose for the tooling. I ordered two lower hoses for testing in hopes of not having to make a custom one. I also purchased parts to make and test 2 upper hose prototypes. There is a cost to ship and also exchange rates factor in on the costs when ordered. Now I wait for DHL.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after much debate and looking at 802's and 803's I decided to do a hose design change. I didn't like the 2 90's since the hose practically bumps into the muffler on the 802, not the 803. So I reduced the bends by 45 degrees. The new hose will be totally away from the muffler. As I mentioned earlier no issue with the 803 just close on the 802. I just cut several hoses to make my prototype to send to England. They will tool and send back a one piece prototype to accept for manufacture.

Original top on 803
IMG_0691.jpg

Design change

IMG_0782.jpgIMG_0784.jpgIMG_0783.jpg

I did test the flex silicon hose for the lower hose replacement but decided the bends are too tight for the size of the hose so I will send a lower hose for mfg in silicon as is.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think a lot more folks need to commit, if this thing is to take off the ground. But thats just my perspective... I am not the one having the things made.

Demoh

Id be in for at least 3 sets if priced accordingly (knowing they will be higher than what I could get today) and possibly more depending on if I end up getting more gens with blown hoses or not. Thus far out of 7 ive been pretty good.

I do like the modification as I use an 802 as a primary and only use the 803 when more juice is needed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks