• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

source for upper radiator hose for MEP-803a

m32825

Anyone have any luck with finding a radiator that won’t break the bank mep-803a
I had a local radiator shop clean mine out. I asked them what the best way to get a replacement would be, if I needed one. They said they'd take the ends off and put a new core in the middle. Do you have anything to work with, or are you starting with no radiator?

-- Carl

Dave926

Have you have you tried the radiator place on Fowler? I found a radiator for a Lister there. They had to dig around in a bunch of junk in the attic. It was pretty cheap.

Ricky2018

No I have not I was asking in case I needed one in future just to be prepared.Have you had to replace hoses or thermostat both of which I’d like to have on hand.If so where did you get and do you have part numbers.?
Any help would be greatly appreciate

69birdman

Hoses are hard to come across, hence why this thread was started. The bends on the hoses don't appear to be very unusual, I'm pretty friendly with my local NAPA & Carquest, I bet if I took the hoses in with me, they'd let me look through their inventory to try and match them up with something . Thermostat can be found @ O'Reillys autoparts.
Murry ultra #MU55358 180°

Last edited:

Dave926

I have not had to replace the thermostat or the hoses. The MEP 803A I picked up last month was in very good condition. Still has the break in oil. I have been picking up some spare parts here and there. The idea of taking the hoses to a parts place is a great idea. I had a similar experience trying to get a hose for a Lister.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

dav5

For anyone interested, I was able to actually have these produced. I am selling them as kitted pairs (no individual hose sales at this time, sorry). They are the real deal milspec parts that I had produced by an original supplier.

They can be found in the classifieds here. https://steelsoldiers.com/threads/m...ilspec-parts-88-20189-and-88-20190-65.203470/
I was lucky to acquire a set a year or so ago so I don't need them. I would just like to say how thankful I am that guys like Light in the Dark and Kloppk have the knowledge and take the initiative to help all of us out. I'm sure there are others that I have missed. The prices they are charging are very reasonable.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was lucky to acquire a set a year or so ago so I don't need them. I would just like to say how thankful I am that guys like Light in the Dark and Kloppk have the knowledge and take the initiative to help all of us out. I'm sure there are others that I have missed. The prices they are charging are very reasonable.
You WILL need them eventually. Better to have them in a sealed bag on YOUR shelf, handy for replacememt than having to look for them when one springs a leak.

One important concept of being prepared with an "emergency power source" is being able to maintain that source under worst case conditions. It's called " insurance" 😉

dav5

You WILL need them eventually. Better to have them in a sealed bag on YOUR shelf, handy for replacememt than having to look for them when one springs a leak.

One important concept of being prepared with an "emergency power source" is being able to maintain that source under worst case conditions. It's called " insurance" 😉
Yup they are in a sealed bag on my shelf otherwise I would buy a new set in a flash

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who have inquired, thanks for your patience. The manufacturer has been plagued by subsupplier issues. I just got word that the missing component for the second hose is onsite and they should ship the production run to me by weeks end. Depending on when they hit, anyone with a standing order will get tracking over the weekend of first of next week. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks