• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for wiper motor with pump

mcne2026

Howdy folks. Bought my first CUCV, a M1009, about 12 years ago. Always regretted selling it so I just picked up a M1008 this week. Taking some time to go through it and putting together a list of everything it needs. First on my list is the wiper motor. It is really slow and has almost no strength in low and hardly moves at all on high. I remember having the same issue on my M1009.

I'm looking for a source that sells the wiper motor with the pump built in, like stock. Everything I am finding does not have the pump. Appreciate the advice.

rodent

I got one from advance auto and used a 30% off coupon. Be sure to get the 84 pump. I tried to get an 1986 pump for my 86 and it was the wrong one.

mcne2026

Thanks guys. I got one for an '84 from Rock Auto. Decided to go with the AC Delco despite the higher price. I needed seatbelts as well and was shocked at how expensive they are. $90 per seatbelt was a lot higher than I thought they would be.

rodent

Thanks guys. I got one for an '84 from Rock Auto. Decided to go with the AC Delco despite the higher price. I needed seatbelts as well and was shocked at how expensive they are. $90 per seatbelt was a lot higher than I thought they would be.
I'm looking at replacing my belts too for a color change since I'm going all black. My current belts work fine but are a little faded. I found a new set on ebay for $150 for both sides but the only thing is the retractor base on ALL aftermarket seat belts do not match the OEM GM.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcusOReallyus

Be sure to get the 84 pump. I tried to get an 1986 pump for my 86 and it was the wrong one.
That's because your "86" is not an 86.

It is an 84, regardless of when it was manufactured. The Army didn't want to mess with changing parts, so they required GM to make them all with 84 parts; no changes with model years.

So, yours is an 84 that happened to be manufactured in 86.

rodent

That's because your "86" is not an 86.

It is an 84, regardless of when it was manufactured. The Army didn't want to mess with changing parts, so they required GM to make them all with 84 parts; no changes with model years.

So, yours is an 84 that happened to be manufactured in 86.
I know that now but did not realize that when I first got the truck and the pump had to be replaced ASAP. All the parts are made to be interchangeable regardless of year.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No ebay links.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it’s a little more in depth than just the column switch.
Search the forums as it’s been covered in detail before on what exactly you need to do.

rodent

You have to add the pulse module and order both turn signal stalk and switch. its not cheap but doable. I got a pulse board from a tilt column I may install.