• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Ft. worth M931, trailer fit?

Pawnshop

HELP! Are there any M931 owners in south Ft. Worth Texas??? M813RC is there now buying a trailer and he needs to see if it will fit a M931! PM me and I will give you his phone number. THANKS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is someone broken down? Help should only be used in the title if that's the case.

A 931A0 should be able to use any civy trailer or military trailer. (Civy with a harness adapter) A A1 or A2 931 should work with most military trailers. (Just being careful on turns at times with the trailer uneven)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
915 is basically a civy tractor (much different from the 931 you mentioned earlier) it even has a 12v plug for the trailer. He should be fine.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Then there may be a problem. Is the 931 a A0 or a A1/A2? A0 might work. A1/A2, not likely.

Pawnshop

A1 I think. He is not worried about the hookups (electrical or air), it's the clearance. He has a specific dimension he is worried about, likely to do with tall tires and a short trailer that was not manufactured with a 1400x20 equipped Military tractor in mind.

agazza2

Thanks Sam, I was trying to look up the measurements for the 5th wheel hitch to the back. I did tell him the kingpin height for the M931A2 is 55". We will continue to look for the right trailer for him.

Pawnshop

It turns out the trailer he was looking at had a short tongue, he needed measurements from the pin to the ground and the pin to the rear. There will be others in the future...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam, Allan, and those others who assisted in my quest for accurate dimensions, thank you. [thumbzup]

I was in the enviable position of being far from home next to a short-deck equipment trailer that would be great for hauling the V100 around in tight quarters, and having an M915 tractor to haul it home with! IF it would fit behind my M931A2 without hitting the back tires when I turn.

I can haul my M128 around just fine with the 931, if I flip the landing gear feet back and strap them vertically to the legs.
This trailer looked close, but maybe too close. I had some basic measurements stored in my head, but not quite enough to make a good decision, and needed some M931A2-specific measurements (or A1).
Sarge was, of course, about 100 yards from my truck, since he is my neighbour, but he has no phone! Everyone else was at work.

But by measuring other trailers on the lot, the 915 and some civvy tractors, I finally figured out that no amount of wishful thinking was going to change the fact that I just can't haul that short-necked trailer behind my fat-arsed truck. Even Santa Claus couldn't make that work.

So I left it there and came on home with an empty 5th wheel.... :-|

(And yes, I could move the 5th wheel back, or put my truck on 11.00s, or buy myself an M915, or re-neck the trailer, but none of those are viable options for me to haul just one trailer around, so...)

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the trailer in question. The deck was just over 16' long, perfect fit for an 18.5' foot V100. Overall, the trailer was around 30'. It would have been great for hauling the V to events where there isn't room to maneuver the m270 (which is a l-o-o-o-o-o-ng trailer!).

There was not another trailer on the lot with a neck as short as this one had. I will presume that it was designed to go behind a single rear-axle tractor. There was one of those on the lot, and the trailer fit it nicely.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks