• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Korean M35's doing the job.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just in case someone licks the street they won’t get covid. Those are probably Kia made clones.

TheQuaker

I think those 3 Deuces in the picture were U.S. made or at least old production Kia's.

Here is a shot I found of the current KM250 Kia-made updated M35A2. 7.4L diesel @180 hp. I like the combo headlight/parking light grouping on the fenders. The grille kind of grows on you...looks more modern for sure:

1583534263746.png

And here is their updated M809, the KM500. Uses an 11.2L MAN diesel @ 270 hp, according to the info. Similar grill and headlight/parking light grouping as the KM250:

1583534571405.png

And Look!!! Even an updated M715, the KM450!

1583535326137.png

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Korea, and vice Kia and Daewoo, do a lot of manufacturing for their military, and it's amazing how sometimes it'll look ancient, and right next to it is a modern SUV with a camo job.

I guess I don't have access to my old folders... but if you find my old posts in the MV Spotted, you can see some.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hatari.jpg NEIOWA I agree with you. I remember the 1962 movie Hatari quite well. You'll have to excuse our Chaplain as he's a youngster. Here's the Duke in action, sitting in the drivers side front fender seat. It looks like a 1950/51 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton truck with a late 50s fleet side bed. From looking at the person hanging out the drivers side window with both hands, it could have right hand steering.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah. I'm a '57 vintage. And my appreciation for John Wayne didn't manifest until I was in my 20's or so.
Thank God for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Vudu.... I'm catching up finally!
Chaplain, think I'll be doing a little sheltering in place as well. Just got my favorite movie on DVD today. Mr. Roberts. Mr. Roberts.jpg

NEIOWA

Yeah. I'm a '57 vintage. And my appreciation for John Wayne didn't manifest until I was in my 20's or so.
Thank God for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Vudu.... I'm catching up finally!
The skypilot is older than I. Remember watching it with my dad when young. Likely on TV.

Several clips on youtube. And yes the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the cab (I'm surprised that GM made such 70yrs ago. Good spot on the bed (looks like a '60). I'm going to have to watch with my kids.

The big rino chase.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The skypilot is older than I. Remember watching it with my dad when young. Likely on TV.

Several clips on youtube. And yes the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the cab (I'm surprised that GM made such 70yrs ago. Good spot on the bed (looks like a '60). I'm going to have to watch with my kids.

The big rino chase.
NEIOWA, I'd love to know what became of the Chevy truck. I'd love to have it just the way it is in the movie. :D

CMPPhil

Hi

There are many righthand drive vehicles in Hatari including Jeeps, has something to do with the country it was filmed in drives on left. I notice steering wheel positions because my MVs are all right hand drive.

Thanks for bringing up Hatari will get out the DVD this afternoon and watch.

Cheers Phil

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Just in case someone licks the street they won’t get covid. Those are probably Kia made clones.
Nooooooo........

Surely you jest?

Not Kia's, really I was not aware that they are kind of a direct copy, or are they their own design?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks