• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South MS to Ft Polk, LA and return

Left Poplarville, MS around 5 am yesterday bob tailing across to I 12 and I 10. As usual Baton Rouge was a nightmare taking an hour to get from One side to the other. After a quick stop on the east side of the Atchafalaya basin bridge I made my way to Ragley, LA to rendezvous with a buddy who rode on in to aft Polk with me. MS Maxine at GL was nothing but perfect in her execution of the pickup. Got my M447 shop van hooked up and aired up the tires and away we went. Took a much needed overnight break in Lake Charles and filled my belly with crawfish and a few cold adult grain based beverages (help take the sting out of my butt and back after a long day bearing beaten up by a 5ton bobtail.)

hit it the road this morning making only one stop in Henderson for fuel and safety check. Baton Rouge Gods were smiling on me making it though with only one short delay and a slow climb up the Mississippi River Bridge. Made it to Poplarville in 5 hours.

Ole 932A2 did the job. A long week getting her ready really paid off.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHere are a few pics for now. I'll post a few more when I get it all together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks