South Wind heater

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

TAKPAK

Question of the day; has anyone who has an M-43 ever fired up the gas fired heater in the patient compartment? I'm looking to use mine, if it's feasible. Everything looks to be in good shape, unit doesn't seem to have been used much, still "new" looking. However, don't want a possible "bomb" right behind me, inside the vehicle, if there are issues. Both fans (circulation and burner) work fine. Everything else seems to check out. Just haven't hooked the gas line up to it yet. I did ask the question over on the G-741 site, lots of lookers but no comments or replies. Anyone????

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Some of the guys on the m715zone have used theirs, might do some searching over there.

NDT

I would not use it. Too old, this technology would not be considered safe anymore.

snowtrac nome

I played around with one that was a 12 volt model, it was missing a fan motor, I tried to make a civilian motor work. It popped and jumped quite a bit but never became a bomb the combustion chambers seem pretty robust, when they are new,an old one with corrosion may not be the same. if the combustion chamber is cracked you stand a chance of co poisioning . if you want a fuel burning heater take a look at planair heaters, they are Russian wabesto knock offs. The products are good, reliable, and safe they burn about quart of diesel over an 8 hour period of time running continuously.

rosco

I regularly used mine. I worked as it should. They both worked well, as it was outfitted with one for the driver as well.