• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Wind heater

TAKPAK

Question of the day; has anyone who has an M-43 ever fired up the gas fired heater in the patient compartment? I'm looking to use mine, if it's feasible. Everything looks to be in good shape, unit doesn't seem to have been used much, still "new" looking. However, don't want a possible "bomb" right behind me, inside the vehicle, if there are issues. Both fans (circulation and burner) work fine. Everything else seems to check out. Just haven't hooked the gas line up to it yet. I did ask the question over on the G-741 site, lots of lookers but no comments or replies. Anyone????

snowtrac nome

I played around with one that was a 12 volt model, it was missing a fan motor, I tried to make a civilian motor work. It popped and jumped quite a bit but never became a bomb the combustion chambers seem pretty robust, when they are new,an old one with corrosion may not be the same. if the combustion chamber is cracked you stand a chance of co poisioning . if you want a fuel burning heater take a look at planair heaters, they are Russian wabesto knock offs. The products are good, reliable, and safe they burn about quart of diesel over an 8 hour period of time running continuously.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks