• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Urban Camo M1008

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
done!

These trucks are done! Now waiting final payment then they are on the way to live in Chi-Town ;)

David

Attachments

Last edited:

cscmc1

NICE WORK!!!

I just found a gallon of tan CARC, and am going to rough up the existing paint job (tan CARC with lots of crappy, mismatched rattle-can "touch up") to top-coat it. Mind if I ask you how you did your prep work? Orbital sander? Are the pics in post #32 indicative of how much sanding you do before repainting? Thanks in advance, and again -- BEAUTIFUL work!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE WORK!!!

I just found a gallon of tan CARC, and am going to rough up the existing paint job (tan CARC with lots of crappy, mismatched rattle-can "touch up") to top-coat it. Mind if I ask you how you did your prep work? Orbital sander? Are the pics in post #32 indicative of how much sanding you do before repainting? Thanks in advance, and again -- BEAUTIFUL work!
I try to sand the paint (new/old) down nice and flat but NOT through to the metal. I use 60-80-100- grit sand paper in order to get the surface nice and smooth.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the m1008 lifted at all? It doesn't look like much with those 37's under it. Awesom lookin rigs, killer work.[/QUOTE

it's lifted in the front with lift blocks to level out the stance.( about 2 inch) The fenders are also trimmed at the rear corners to clear when turned lock to lock.

David

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When I first saw the title-"Southern CUCV Urban Camo M1008" I thought I was going to SEE camo GRAFITIE style.

Bigdig355

Hey David....

The Urban Camo Trucks have found their home and have settled in our harsh Wrecking & Demolition environment in Chicago. GREAT JOB !!!

The Trucks are lQQkn good and are mechanically in a #1 condition..

We get a Thumbs Up where ever we go !!!!! :cool:

Wont be long before I commision you for another project or two..

Grazie.....JimmyC

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks