• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern Metals Wilmington NC Humvee parts

Dabeachman

Yeah, no actual "list". And yes, all they have at current time is armored ECV's. Were unloading them yesterday when I stopped in. Got to be a couple dozen of them.
But still, the hard doors go out the door almost immediately.
P.S. Plus, they never know what is coming in when. One of the reasons I stop in every day, never know what has been delivered the day before.

Last edited:

DanM7890

I want to go. But the whole show up and see what we have doesn't work for me. I have stuff I want to get from them, but they can't guarantee they'll have it. kinda sucks.

jake-cutter

I am even further out that some and would like to know what they have before flying out and getting a uhaul for the drive back. Or if a SS member was close by and willing to get the items and ship via Fastenal for a fee. The whole not shipping thing by Southern Metals makes it difficult for those of us not close.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry guys, we're a Demil sight, not a parts house. We have no facilities nor personnel to package and ship parts.

Capt. Bushrod
You could surely find someone on this site to do that work for you. Most of us cringe at seeing machinery crushed that is clearly not ever going to be used against our country. They sell it to us and then make demil a requirement for the same thing....really inconsistent policy.

3jacks

Met Bruce today and picked up some doors and AL bumper...great guy, very helpful. Worth the 14 hour one way drive and he was nice enough to hold a pallet of stuff over the weekend. Thx Bruce.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've cleaned up a lot of needless drama in this thread. If you still have issues with someone, posting in threads is not the place.

That said, I'd love if someone was local that could drop ship to fastnall.

michigandon

I've cleaned up a lot of needless drama in this thread. If you still have issues with someone, posting in threads is not the place.

That said, I'd love if someone was local that could drop ship to fastnall.
I might, and I gotta stress the word *might*, be able to run some stuff down to you this fall Drew.

LMK if I can help. Kinda been wanting a good excuse to run down to this place.

Shamp

I thought I should share some information about how you can get things shipped to you from Southern metals. But I ask that unless you are ready to buy please don't call asking for quotes from these people, not buying and wasting everyone's time. I called a lot of people until I found a moving company in Wilmington, who is less than 10 miles from Southern Metals, and a block away from Fastenal. They picked up everything I needed, palletized it and dropped off at Fastenal. They were able to get 4 tires, 4 x doors, and an airlift bumper on one pallet dropped off at Fastenal and charged me $145 to do it.
Company name is Coast to Coast movers, phone is 910-399-6996. The man in charge that I dealt with was Chris and his phone is 910-524-9092, and he gave me permission to share his number. Just make sure Sothern Metals has what you want before you call him.
As far as Fastenal is concerned, firstly you must get a quote to ship the pallet and that will take a few days. Even if you don't care what the cost is, the quote is also the contract and they wont just ship it without that signed. If you underestimate the size of the pallet or weight then you just will pay a little more when you pick up. To give you an example what Fastenal will charge I had that pallet of parts I mentioned shipped to Washington state, it took 2 weeks and it cost me $325. Much cheaper than any other LTL fright company.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone been located that's close to this place? Even if they didn't want to ship, if they'd pick up during the week and allow for a weekend pickup at their place I'd be interested. I tried to purchase at least 10 items this week. I'd probably have bought lots more while I was at it, but I see that any inquires to the parts they stock are a perceived burden to them.

Shamp

I paid with a credit card. He asked me to send a picture of my drivers license, but since I use a dumb phone I just told him my drivers license number and he emailed me a photo of my receipt.

Dabeachman

Patacy, not that I care that much, but you guys should put yourselves in Bruce Cambell's shoes for a day. They have had like two HMMWV's come through there in the last 5-6 weeks. I know because I stop in there most every day.
I see Bruce, and Tom, on the phone to potential customers, constantly...I mean constantly! It must really get aggravating for them to answer the same questions every day,
NO WE DON"T HAVE ANY HARD DOORS!!!! LMAO
It is a huge warehouse, and it is just about completely empty, has been for weeks.
Just saying.....
Be safe out there.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The parts I was inquiring about weren't even HMMWV parts. Bruce had posted them up on a few facebook pages. I certainly would like to buy some HMMWV parts. But it's just so difficult to try to coordinate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks