• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern Ontario Military Muster 2010

CMP Nut

Hello fellow MV enthusiasts:

I have just joined SS having come across it by accident. My good fortune. As the title of this post suggests there will be a large gathering of reinactors and MV enthusiasts in Windsor Ontario Canada (across the river from Detroit for those not familiar with the area). I invite you to view the website that is supporting this event: www.militarymuster.org Yes it is many months away, however, early planning promotes a successful event...bookmark it , put it on your calendar, write it down on a cigarette package and loose it...what ever.

I look forward to meeting you online, or it person and welcome any feedback

Support our Troops

Mike

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a great event! I've already marked it on my calendar. Can't wait to visit one our southern neighbors! Keep us up to date on all of the details.

68t

sound like its going to be a great event. i have not been over there in a while, there use to be a ww2 lancaster bomber in the park over there, is it still there. i might can make it but don,t know, i go to the thunder over michagan event, it sure it a great event. :-D

CMP Nut

Windsor Lancaster

68t

The lanc is now in a hanger undergoing restoration. She will never fly again but she will be a taxi-er. In its place in the park are two fighters on pedistals. A Hawker Hurrican and a Spitfire...both are fiberglass repros and at close glance you cannot tell. In fact, just after they were mounted, the city ignored an engineers advise and after a very strong wind the Spit actually tried to lift off and broke free of the pedistal. Incredible...

cheers

Mike

CMP Nut

Southen Ontario Military Muster 14-15 August

Well folks, it has been sometime since I have been on SS. No excuses. I would however like to give you an update on the www.militarymuster.org
the show this August 14-15 in Essex just minutes outside of Windsor Ontario.I now have more that 60 vehicles coming to the event. Reenactors from 1812 to present day. The Canadian Forces will have displays along with a host of others. There will be helicopter rides, active military flea market, Xtreme Paintball is setting a paintball area for those so inclined. I have a professional pryrotechnics company who will add all the smoke, bang and dirt throwing for the Normandy battle each day. A WW1 trench is being constructed and fully kitted out. Several Field Guns, 25 pdr, 17 pdr, 6 pdr and so on will be used both for static and action displays. Kids area, military authors present, bier garten, Saturday night 40's Swing Dance and BBQ with awesome fireworks display, War birds overflight, drive by, vehicle trail ride area and of course what this is all about OUR VETERANS. Some of you from the Detroit and surrounding areas have already registered on line and you can bet they will not be disappointed. Check out the website www.militarymuster.org and put it on your calendar....hope to see some of you this summer during the local Michigan events....cheers for now

Mike Timoshyk

m109guy

Would love to go if it wasn't so far. It would cost a ton in fuel to drive the deuces down there.

Have a good time though!

CMP Nut

Souther Ontario Military Muster 14-15 August 2010

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwx1ixcYPU&feature=related[/media]

Here is a link to a presentation honouring those who "Haved Served", "Are Serving" and will serve.....

I have not been on the SS for sometime...I have been totally engaged in the work to put this event on. Much has taken place since last time I posted and many new pieces of information are on the website: www.militarymuster.org
To give you some example of what I have now coming in the way of Artillery here is a quick list:
20mm
37mm AT
37mm Bofors
6 Pounder AT
25 Pounder
17 Pounder AT (2 of them)
25 Pounder SP (Sextant)

There are more that 60 MVs coming from both sides of the border....the vendor area has grown with more that 30 vendors coming and more signing up weekly. This will no doubt be the biggest military event in Ontario this year.

I attended the Greenfield Village show at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI this past weekend and it was great....John Lind from the Detroit Arsenal of Democracy Musuem organized a great get together...

Hope to see you in August...

Cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Military Vehicle and Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org

Support our Troops Lest We Forget

WPNS421

Yes Mike we will be there, we will bw bringing the M36C with Hiab crane. We are going to haul it down on our new gooseneck. Are you coming to the BBQ at Boob's this weekend.

CMP Nut

Boobs bbq

Hi WPNS,

Please pass on to the gang that I have to go out to BC as my folks aren't doing that well....it is amazing they are still on this side of the dirt...so I am going to get some quality time while I can. The MUSTER is a big job and I could use the rest to recharge as well. Don't eat all the steak...LOL

cheers and look forward to seeing you in August...you won't be disappointed!

mike

WPNS421

Hey Mike I will be in the Detroit/Windsor area in the next 2-3 weeks to pick up my new M1031 Maint Contact Truck hope to see you then.. Have a good holiday in BC, relax before coming back to the last panic before the show. And to IDA 34, yes Mike is good people and a real enthusist about our hobby. He has been working on the SOMM show for the past year and it will be a great place to be. The area he is in is great for both US and Canadian MVers to meet.. I heard that on the Saturday night there is a real nice dance with music from the 40's (Big Bands) not to miss, put on your dancing boots. So be there and:grd:

CMP Nut

One week to go for the Military Muster....2010 Southern Ontario Military Muster Here is what is happening. More than 50 MVs including some rare Commonwealth Armour. Reenactors from Romans through to Vietnam, Canadian Forces will be on hand. WW1 trench system dug, artillery from WW1 and 2 on display and in action. Tactical demos and main Normandy Plain battle display with professional Pyrotechnics on a 12 acre wheat field...brass bands, pipe bands, military related flea market and vendor area, private collections on display in doors. For participants, primative camping on site with hot showers and restrooms, free pancake breakfast each day, free bottled water and other goodies. Over flight of war birds on Sunday, Saturday night 40s swing dance and BBQ, Helicopter rides....mmmm did I forget anything...oh ya a trail ride area for taking your baby in the bush....no entrance fee for all participants vendors and VETERANs.....come and honour "The Greatest Generation Ever"...

see ya there

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator

CMP Nut

muster postmortem

Well folks, It was truly a great event. A first time performance not without a few minor glitches but the public didn't notice. More than 50 vehicles of all descriptions showed up. Not to mention more than 6000 visitors came out to enjoy the weekend. The WW1 Trench , the Vietnam display and the assortment of vehicles gave the public what they wanted. An OUTSTANDING fireworks display at the Saturday Night Swing dance is still being spoken about along with the excellent facilities available for next year's Military Muster. The website will remain open and a host of new photos will appear along with a Feedback folder for comments. Our Pyro Guy is already planning for next year and has gained some valuable experience this time around. A most hearty thank you to those who chose to cross the border and join us...it was very very nice to see.

I will post fotos later once I am finished with the coordinating of heavy lift for the armour to be returned to the owner...by the way the Easy Eight looked great....and that sound...WOW.

More Later..

cheers

WPNS421

I was at the Muster and it was special, thanks to CMP Nut, it was 90 degrees and high humidity but in all of that the Nut wa everywhere. Really nice assortment of vehicles including a general's Cadillac staff car. We drove about 500 to get to the Muster and it was well worth it. The site was great and the prices were reasonable lots of people with the Green disease and they had great vehicles. The site is located about 20 miles from Detroit. Will be there next year

CMP Nut

Southern Ontario Military Muster 14/15 August 2010

The Muster is over and the after-action work is underway. I have made a new album on my profile dedicated to the Military Muster....some great pics of the event there.

cheers

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks