• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern out post Bellview Florida Feb 8-10 2012

Dodge man

FHP announces daytime driver license, vehicle inspection checkpoints

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/tr...driver-license-vehicle-inspection-checkpoints

I just heard about this. I don't know when it starts but this is the area immediately south and west of Bellview MVPA meet and including parts of I-75 and I-4 so watch out! The 2nd page has a list of locations but there may be other unannounced ones or you could just be a target of opportunity!

3dAngus

My Deuce windshield wipers don't work. Why would I need them in Sunny Fl.:3dAngus:

OK, so a writer just PMed me and notified me of this. I'm not really a MVPA type of guy, but I do need parts. Has anyone here started a buy/sell/needs thread. I might just stop by on Saturday, and if I do, I should probably bring along some goodies to trade.

Anyone need a new 16X16 tent? MV heat and air conditioner, both new in the crate.
Are guns or ammo traded there? I could use some ammo.
Anyone need any deuce parts, or have any Dodge M37 parts? What I really need is a carcus with a good winch. I have some spare tires for the M37 in good condition.
We need a buy/sell/trade thread if there is not one. If someone started one, please post the link here for us.

Dodge man

If you plan on driving in the morning you'll need wipers. It's cold here at night but warm during the day so the humidity is still up so lots of condensation. Florida is so humid that wipers and even AC for defrosting the windshield are pretty much year round necessities. Rain is a good possiblity but I haven't seen the forecast so I can't say for sure.

If you're coming from the north, you shouldn't be going through any of the counties where the FHP is checking.

Here's a link to info about the flea market where the show is held. You can see if any of the hits say anything about gun restrictions but there's none that I know of and it is a flea market after all but I don't go there very often. AND there will be a WW II re-enactment there with guns and at least one of the guys brings a real full auto BAR to use in it. What are you looking to sell or buy?

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=markets+of+marion+fl+flea+market&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I have a very rusted out M-37, what are you looking for? No winch or parts there of.

EVERYBODY is looking for ammo!! The current asking price is ~$1/round for the common import stuff and 2 to 3x that for anything that's not common as dirt. Even stuff like .30-30 is $2+ /round! I have lots of ammo but it would take a GOOD trade to talk me out of any of it!

Last edited:

Dodge man

PS:

For any of you that are seriously interested in guns, there's two places some what nearby that you might want to visit. The A.W. Peterson gun shop in Eustis/ Mt Dora and Bruce Dow at DOW Arms Room in Ridge Manor /Dade City.

A.W. Petersons started out in Denver, Co sometime in the 1800s. In the 1920s it was bought and moved to Florida. It's a genuine old time gun shop and they still display a lot of the original schuetzen rifles and gun making equipment from the 1800s. https://plus.google.com/112531916939247151852/about?gl=us&hl=en

Bruce Dow is a real expert on US military weapons and has a huge collection of US and foreign military stuff on display in his shop. He also builds great target rifles. http://www.dowarms.com/

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the FHP site said it was about aggresive driving - who really knows. Looking for M35A2C stuff too. Mk2/3 British Ferret parts too are on the list - PM if you have any.

ODDBALL007

Wow I love going to these events and can't wait till next year.. I was a little disappointed by the lack of the vendor parts turn out don't get me wrong I did score some great stuff just wish there was more stuff to score... I saw some great friends and met some new ones...:thumbup::):D

Bill W

I thought there were lots of venders
Scored a bunch of odds/ends for my deuce ( cargo straps,spotlight sealed beam, fuel guage,etc etc ).
Talked with steve6x6x6 while drooling over his bobber and hooked up with a bunch of old ( Florida ) friends and had a great time.

lilgiff

The weather was fantastic and the comraderie was even better! I picked up a few necessities at the swap meet and even some nice stuff from the fund-raising auction.

It was great to meet Rayzor, though I felt a little guilty parking my clunker next to his masterpiece! :)

And I really enjoyed hanging out with AV8OR all weekend. Great to see you again Bob!

We will definately be back next year. (...and not just because it's only 4 miles from home)
MVPA Rally 1.jpg

Steve

the buddah

buddy and me had a great time glad to see some friends there only wish there were more friends there lol there were some cool M.V.s there photos to follow

Dodge man

. I was a little disappointed by the lack of the vendor parts
Ha, ha. that's what you get for not showing up till 3PM Friday and 11 AM on Saturday!

I found a LOT of stuff for my -37. Rear Curtain $5 (filthy but cleanable). Safety strap $5. Antenna base $10 (thanks, Razor!), original M-38 oil can holder $10, , a free cot (thanks again, Razor!), a NICE GI stretcher $20 and a complete and like new pup tent with all accessories for $20 + lots more.

A lot of the sellers had HIGH prices (rusty M-416 for $1100! and stripped and rusted out Jeep hulks for $3000!) but there were bargains to be had if you looked close enough. Razor had a lot of NICE parts for sale cheap. There wasn't a big turnout of trucks this year but there was a lot of parts.

Last edited:

RAYZER

Ha, ha. that's what you get for not showing up till 3PM Friday and 11 AM on Saturday!

I found a LOT of stuff for my -37. Rear Curtain $5 (filthy but cleanable). Safety strap $5. Antenna base $10 (thanks, Razor!), original M-38 oil can holder $10, , a free cot (thanks again, Razor!), a NICE GI stretcher $20 and a complete and like new pup tent with all accessories for $20 + lots more.

A lot of the sellers had HIGH prices (rusty M-416 for $1100! and stripped and rusted out Jeep hulks for $3000!) but there were bargains to be had if you looked close enough. Razor had a lot of NICE parts for sale cheap. There wasn't a big turnout of trucks this year but there was a lot of parts.
I too had a great time at this event! and look foward to next year when we can do it again!
Dodge man was a big help on sat, helping me unload parts from the deuce and sticking around all day helping with sales, thankyou dodge man!!
Thanks also to oddball007, for driving my cargo deuce to and from the rally (full of parts to sell).
I met a few new friends over the weekend, I hope to see you guys again real soon!
The first fl chapter mvpa club decided to award my deuce tractor the "members only award"! For this, I received a nice plaque and recognition at their awards banquet! I am honored.
uploadfromtaptalk1360624408508.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360624449521.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks