• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spacer width for Humvee wheels on CUCV?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What size spacers are you running?
I thought 2" was needed, but after test fitting one on another truck, I started measuring.
I have 37" Goodyear's on 6-3/4 wide rims on my M1028, to have the outside sidewall in the same place I would only need a 1" spacer?
I'm going to test fit one to see what it looks like before I buy thinner spacers or see about turning these down.
20231008_170224.jpg

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you referring to the spacer needed to get the rear tires the same width as the front? According to the data plate i would assume 1" on each side would work but I've never measured. But it is something I've casually thought of doing as well.

Did you end up figuring it out?
Screenshot 2023-11-13 143007.png

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you referring to the spacer needed to get the rear tires the same width as the front? According to the data plate i would assume 1" on each side would work but I've never measured. But it is something I've casually thought of doing as well.

Did you end up figuring it out?
View attachment 910453
Looking for what spacers people have used for humvee wheels on the CUCV, have compared where the tire sits on std pickup wheels & not having the tires rub. The thinnest spacer I have found for the 8 lugs is 1.5". So that is likely what I'll use instead of the 2" spacers that I have.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HMMWV wheel is 8-¼ wide and has a backspace of ~7", compared to your std wheel with only 5" BSp.
That's why people use 2" spacers when running stock HMMWV wheels & tires on a M1008.

In your case, a 1" spacer would be as much as you need, I think. And maybe only on the rears. (?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks