• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SPACERS

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
im looking for the front and rear spacers and long studs that are used on the bridge trucks, i plan to mount 1400Rs on the 819, thanks

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
a, cant get 1200 at a fair pice, b, if i tear up a 1200, ill have to get another new one, c, a better ride and road grip with the Rs then the military1400s off a bridge truck. though that may all change as i have found out nothing is set in stone, military tread 1400s may go on, if the price is good though i realy want the 1400Rs

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There are bridge trucks at Shirley's Surplus in Barnesville, Ga, but they are complete trucks, so I do not know if he will want to sell individual components off of them. They are totally complete, it's a real shame he'd want about $12 million for a complete truck. But he definitely has the spacers.

poppop

Ron, theres two bridge trucks in the scrap yard where I got your bumper. All axles are still complete on both of them.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto, are they gassers? Man, I love bridge trucks.
Cummins, I believe, Sir.

alphadeltaromeo

Re: RE: SPACERS

clinto said:
There are bridge trucks at Shirley's Surplus in Barnesville, Ga, but they are complete trucks, so I do not know if he will want to sell individual components off of them. They are totally complete, it's a real shame he'd want about $12 million for a complete truck. But he definitely has the spacers.
Clint isn't kidding about the price either. The do look decent over all though. I've attached 2 pics of our trip to Shirley's.

Attachments

Towman2277

Has anyone recognized that there isn't many of the "stake-body" bridge trucks around?? Thats the body I have on mine, and i've only seen two other's online ever. I guess that could be good...or bad?? And the flat bed weighs in at 7800 lbs!! It's huge!! :driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like yours better Steve. The 800 series is the 821. They are plum cool and I hope to one day have one.

m139h2otruck

Are you going to use duals on the rear? If not, you shouldn't need rear spacers. What wheels are you using? The front spacers were necessary for the use of the really deep dish bridge truck wheels on the front, and if you are using two piece "combat" wheels, you should not need that front spacers. Look at the picture of our water truck which was a bridge truck prior to installing the tank. We flipped the rear hubs, using the rear spacers and the front track is still slightly (2" maybe) wider due to the front spacers and deep dish bridge truck wheels.

Attachments

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
im going to stay duels, dont like singles, duels give that big truck look, though the 819 by it self looks like a big truck

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
singles would keep me legal, but i want duels but not worried about the over width

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess the width is something that you'd have to get stopped by a cop for, and then he'd have to measure it. The deuce is wide enough as it is, going through construction zones etc. I suppose a 5-ton is more challenging.

m139h2otruck

Our water truck is 8'-6" wide at the tank, and about 7'-10" at the rear tires with the reversed hubs and the deep dish wheels w/ 1400x20 tires. Mirrors are another story!

DMgunn

I'm a bit confused......did flipping the hubs result in widening the rear track width? I've just bought an M139, and it looks like the inside dual width is significantly narrower than the front axle. I would like to run re-centered stock wheels and 16.00-20s, but I want all 6 wheels to have the same offset, and track more or less the same. Either they need to be reversible, or looks like I could go your route. The pic is almost too much of a profile to see where the tires track relative to each other. Is the difference F/R 2" total or per side?