• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare IP

danjrofpa

I am trying to get a spare IP to have on hand. My pump does not have the port closing dimension. stamped on it but does have the button size.I assume that there is no way to match up a spare without both dimensions.If anyone can confirm this I would appreciate it. ( I even checked it with a magnifying glass).
Thanks again

storeman

If it has button size, it has PCD. Remove paint around the base of the pump. It is often engraved VERY lightly. Would not show up through paint.
Jerry:driver:

danjrofpa

OK, I cleaned the paint off with a brass wire brush and inspected it with a magnifying glass and there is nothing there. Kind of odd, the button code is stamped pretty deep into the body.Maybe they forgot the PDC.

storeman

Okay, no pcd. I assume your pump works okay. A replacement/spare pump with its own specified timing button should be able to be used without issues.
Jerry

RIrvin

Does anyone have a "best practice" procedure to share that is appropriate for storing a spare IP? Since it may be stored for many years before being called into service, how best to keep it from gumming up , drying out or other damage while in storage?

RIrvin

That seems like beneficial steps to limit air / moisture intrusion. Should some type fuel treatment be placed / injected into Spare IP intake prior to storage?

1800 Diesel

Does anyone have a "best practice" procedure to share that is appropriate for storing a spare IP? Since it may be stored for many years before being called into service, how best to keep it from gumming up , drying out or other damage while in storage?
If you have a safe storage are, I've used large coffee cans to store IPs & oil pumps etc, fully immersed in 15/40 oil. Another method is to vacuum seal the IP after it's been soaked in oil a couple days. To keep oil from being drawn out during the process, you have to double-wrap the item in plastic first & then place it inside the vacuum bag for sealing...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks