• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare Tire Mount Drivers Side

Rhodesia

I bought a spare tire mount (Reproduction) for the door drivers side I have not installed it yet, my 1953 model has the spare tire mount in the back of the cab. I wanted to dress this up a bit I have a picture from Vietnam showing a M37 dated 1967 with the spare tire behind the cab and one on the door this kit is suppose to be complete so do I need anything else because once the tire is mounted that will be very heavy for the door. The manual does not show any support brackets for the inside just shows what I have and how to mount it. Thanks for any input and any recommendations to mount this.
spare tire mount.jpg

msw0932

No additional weight goes on the door. The hinged part bolts to the cab near door hinges. The striker to the cab at the latch side of the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I guess you did not absorb your original thread on adding a door spare tire. The data provided in that thread is correct.

Were I to make a guess I would bet the reason you only see the items you have listed now from the manual is because they are the items needed to replace/repair an existing truck that has or had a door mounted tire. So the extra items needed to support the the cab would already be on the truck. Get the MWO and read it. If you want to do the job correctly.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?165178-Spare-tire-Door-Mount

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks