• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare tire

dayers024

Where does everyone have there spare tire mounted M1008 and how do they have it secured??? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

cucvrus

In the tire rack of the M1009's secured with the stock tie down and the same in the M1008/M1028 in the tire rack under the rear of the bed. Up out of the way and not hard to get out of you keep the treads lubed and adjusted properly. The manual tells you personal injury or death can occur from the spare tire rack. Really? You only need to be 10% smarter then the spare tire rack to avoid injury or death.

Gripy

the m1008 had under the bed spare tire mounting. Larger tires (37") won't fit under the bed. For city/ daily driving I have no spare. But when going on a trip I'll just strap it flat in the bed near the tail gate.

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

I used to have mine on the stock carrier in my m1009 but now it's just laying in the back till I make a spacer/adapter for the larger tire.

welpro222

I made my own spare tire carrier for under my M1008 with some threaded rod and a piece of U shape metal from Home Depot. Its a pain in the ass the put it up there, but i have only had maybe 3 flats in my 15 years of driving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks