• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare truck coming home

m139h2otruck

When we bought the water truck 2 years ago, it also came with a sister bridge truck as a spare, with the water truck's bridge body setting on the back. Finally got to go down to Berlin MA to pull it out of the weeds and get it ready to go on to a Landoll trailer sometime this week. Had to cut the head board on the spare body off to make the overall height 10' or less so it will fit on the trailer. Really too bad to junk all of this, as these bodies are all heavy structural steel and almost bullet proof! Just too wide to run down the road legal. Again, forgot camera, but will get some pictures when it gets back to the salvage yard.

m139h2otruck

Not to worry, not going to cut up the truck chassis, just the bodies. The R6602 is frozen from either overheating or something else, but the rest of the running gear is OK with very little hours. Need TC case and tie-rod for the tractor at home. Also plan on using/swapping the winch on to the tractor too. Not sure about the trans, as the OD unit in the tractor shifts hard, and may just use the direct drive unit from the spare for the hard parts and rebuild the OD unit. I think the only difference is the gears themselves.

m139h2otruck

These are the M328 style bridge trucks (but both are marked M139), with the huge flatbed bodies to haul the early modular style bridges, so there is no rear winch like the M812A1.

m139h2otruck

Well, the spare truck is up in my town, picked up today using a Landoll trailer. Again, I didn't bring a camera, but the former owner's son had his and promised to e-mail pictures. Will post as soon as they show up.

If anyone is thinking about a move for their 5 ton truck, I would highly recommend the Landoll style trailer. The operator positioned the trailer at the front of the truck, dropped the tail and hauled it on with the built-in winch. When we got to the salvage yard, he jockeyed around and dumped the truck exactly where we needed using gravity to roll the truck off. Great equipment!

Cdub

m139h2otruck said:
Well, the spare truck is up in my town, picked up today using a Landoll trailer. Again, I didn't bring a camera, but the former owner's son had his and promised to e-mail pictures. Will post as soon as they show up.

If anyone is thinking about a move for their 5 ton truck, I would highly recommend the Landoll style trailer. The operator positioned the trailer at the front of the truck, dropped the tail and hauled it on with the built-in winch. When we got to the salvage yard, he jockeyed around and dumped the truck exactly where we needed using gravity to roll the truck off. Great equipment!
Oh yea, Landolls are a great way to move five tons for sure............

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks