• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spark plug cable adapter

hippiedude

Do any of you folks know of a source were I could get this adapter so I can time my GMC ??...Or maybe tell me how to make one ??? Thanks Tim

nattieleather

Look on ebay the kits show up there every now and again. Also if you have an old #1 spark plug wire you can carefully strip the outer shielding off to exspose the actual wire and then you can get a pick up signal from that. This method works, but as I said requires you to mutilate a wire...which may not be an option if you don't have any more than the ones on your truck.

Barrman

Joe's way works.

So does getting any car plug wire, stripping the insulation back 1/2" or so. Then just unscrew the #1 wire at the cap, bend the core of the civilian wire back, stuff it in the cap and do the same to the military wire end. Zip ties and duct tape could be needed to hold everything together, but it does work.

Watch on E-Bay because the adaptor kits come up every few weeks and if you are patient, $50 will get you a complete set.

Don't forget if you have a regular timing light and a 24 volt truck, get a spare battery to hook the light up to.

butch atkins

timing light adaptor

just like barrman says,use anold car spark plug wire,your timing light induction clamp will clamp right on the car plug wire ,and you dont need the spare battery,ONLY CONNECT THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE CLAMPS FOR THE TIMING LIGHT POWER TO THE DRIVERS SIDE BATTERY POSTS ONLY,IT IS ONLY 12 VOLTS,IT ONLY BECOMES 24 VOLTS AT THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE PASSENGER SIDE BATTERY,HOW DO I KNOW THIS,I CHECKED IT WITH MY VOLTMETER,THIS APPLYS TO ALL 24 VOLT SYSTEMS USING 2 12 VOLT BATTERIES HOOKED IN SERIES,so be careful,most timing lights dont have a very long cables, so just make sure you dont get it caught in the fan belt,voice of experience on this,good luck to all on their projects

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks