• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sparks fly when connecting batteries

tobyS

It appears to be correct. Expect your GPs to be fried now.
If they were burned out, there would probably be no current. Sounds like a stuck set of contacts, maybe some corrosion preventing it from breaking the circuit. Or a spring that should force the contacts apart, not doing it.

tobyS

He only needs a few working to keep the current flowing, and even those are probably on the ragged edge of burning completely out.
Easy enough to find out with ohmmeter....open - burned out....continuity/closed - still working.

rodent

I'll check each plug for continuity. Going to fix the solenoid tomorrow along with ATF change with filter. Going to try type F and see if that helps the slight slipping in 3rd. Worth a shot before I have it rebuilt.

tobyS

When they start slipping, the clutch pack piston is probably weak and seal leaking. If you let it go it can burn up the frictions and maybe melt the aluminum piston....which makes a real mess. My M35A3 did that and it was not pretty. Rebuild sooner rather than later....new seals are much better than the old ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks