• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sparks->smoke->fire?

mikew

That joint should have four wires, #10, #15, #11, #11 (yes two #11's).

Look at this diagram: http://www.xm381.com/xm381/TMs_files/WIRING SCHEMATIC.pdf

That joint is directly to the left of the "Master Switch" (about the center of the schematic).

The #10 wire is where the power comes in from (and as I recall it is NOT the big wire). The power feed for #10 is at the "Magnetic Start Relay".

It sounds like you are getting power from #10, but both #11's and #15 should be hot all the time. Power comes from #10, #15 feeds the lights, one #11 goes to the cold start system and alternator regulator (via the master switch), the other #11 powers everything else (via the master switch).

If I read your post right, one of your #11's is dead. That's what you need to fix.

Last edited:

dstang97

So i discovered i have more problems. I fed the number 11 with 24v+ and then turned on the lights. as soon as i turn on the lights i can hear the circuit breaker cycling. Tried both switches i have. So i must have a short somewhere else. I plan to isolate the 2 harnesses and just buy a new one. Hopefully the short is in the wiring somewhere and not the starter, alt or ETC

dstang97

Ok guys. My friend came over and pretty much figured out everything. There was a short in the high beam indicator light and was grounding out on the dash. Also I think my main accessory switch is bad because I can not get power to the second #11 with out jumping it.