• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sparky in the engine bay

Here's the issue.
A few days ago someone turned over the truck while I had the hood up. I normally have ground cables everywhere, but the one to the engine block was disconnected. The one to the frame was not. I got big Sparks at the block jumping to the ground lead as it was running.
I'm wondering if I have a shorted alternator or starter solenoid.
There has been a lot of oil and steering fluid sprayed in the engine bay of late as things have happened.
This is not oem, running two cs144 alts.
Lately my cb is maxing out the srw as well. It all leads me to suspect a short somewhere. Do alts often short to ground? How about solenoids?

Reconnected with a new cable. Same thing again only I caught it before I even had the ground all the way on the busbars.
Disconnected the starter cable and no issues. The new, just installed Napa rebuilt starter is grounded out.
When it went, it took my busbars with it , as they turned crispy and crumpled at the hot and ground.
Any idea where the same replacements can be found?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post your need in the classifieds parts wanted section.
Someone will have them I bet.

They also show up on eBay from time to time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks