• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sparta wi to colubus oh roadside assistance

just got an m35a3 from gl in sparta wis. prob pick up in 2-3 wks plan to drive back . like to set up advance support network just in case along the route back to richwood ohio( 30 miles northwest columbus). I am experienced diesel mechanic, will take support truck(pu) loaded with tools, air compressor, welder/generator etc.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a bit farther east than you need help from, but I'll offer moral support.

I made the same trek 2 years ago when I got my A2 from Sparta. Free advice if you want it...unless you really love driving in bumper to bumper traffic for hours on end...on the way back, if you take 90 south to Rockford Ill, then jump on 39 south to Bloomington, Ill. From there get on 74 east to Indianapolis where you can pick up 70 again. It might be about an extra hour out of your way, but to avoid the Chicago traffic and headaches, and TOLLS! it's worth it.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I'm in Waukesha, WI right off I94 exit at Hwy F, Hwy 164 or Hwy 18, any of those can get you right to me. I have a decent enough shop with enough to have rebuilt my A2 and you are more than welcome to stop by. There is a fuel stop and a Buffet right here so even if it's just a needed stop to check some things over and get fueled and fed. PM me for the number.

skinnedknuckles

If you're running down I-90 I'm located half way between Janesville and Beloit . You can get off at the Hwy 11 West (not Racine street / Hwy 11 East but the next exit about 2-3 miles South) Heading West , turn left at first stoplight, South for 2 miles, construction company on East side of road . PM me for cell number.
Paul in Janesville, Wi

kenny i will be pm you soon, like to be able to inspect it fully before the 800 mile trip, point of interest , if anyone needs help at lockbourne, dscc or dcsc (whatever the name is now) be glad to inspect lot for bidding , my brother is 10 min from lockbourne, or help load out whatever.

ryan77

Avoid going through chicago like the plague!!! I sit in that traffic everyday!! Or wait untill after 9 pm should be open then! if your lucky!!!

thanks to all that have responded so far, i posted a related question under the new members section and it was suggested it would be cheaper to haul, at least 500 in fuel, does anyone have a clue who would haul it almost 900 miles cheaper than 500? of course if it breaks down halfway it may start racking up a bill, i understand that, but as adiesel mech there has only been a few times i couldn't make something work until proper repairs could be done. of course this was on class 8 trucks and heavy equiptment but the military couldn't have reinvented the wheel and have stuff that i am completely unfamiliar with...or could they

eagle4g63

I'm by 80-94 and Grant street, big truck stop there also. 2194843148 you can call if you need I might be able to help(don't have a tow bar but will give whatever help I can) If you look I'm actually right between Griffith and Gary, IN.

Nathan

L999here

...in South Bend,IN..

Just 60/70 miles east of Hobart,IN and just south of toll rd. Can supply logistics ,moral support and such....9-5:30PM. Best bet bis to hit the I-94 traffic after 8PM or before 6AM. Have made this trek several times and those are the opportune times. Email for contact #'s.....