• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speaker for HMMWV Laptop

darr3239

ryanruck

If they're including instructions on how to wire into a CB, that should carry over to wiring it to the docking station.

Both a Cobra 29 CB and the laptop dock's headphone jack use a 3.5mm jack. Since you're only working with a mono speaker, a TS 3.5mm plug should be what you need and, without seeing their directions, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they call for since the CB speaker out is going to be mono. In case you were wondering, what is a TS plug?.

The laptop dock's headphone jack is going to be a TRS jack but a TS plug should work just fine.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could buy 2 speakers and wire them into a TRS plug and get left and right audio. :mrgreen:

darr3239

Thanks. I've ordered the speaker so I'll have to see what instructions come with it.

My concern is if the docking station is wired in for 24V, would there be some sort of difference for the CB installation? Or, does the docking station convert the juice back for something that works off of 12V?

Of course the military speaker would be 24V anyway.

Last edited:

ryanruck

I'd imagine the directions give a pin out for the plug on the speaker and where both the power and audio need to go on it. There shouldn't be a difference since I'm guessing most people using these would be installing them in a MV and using the 24v power direct to the speaker and stepping the 24v down to 12v in some manner for the CB only.

Maybe since ThoseMilitaryGuys are sponsors, they can chime in with the details on the installation instructions they have for it.

By the way, if that's that's the Gamber Johnson dock we talked about, it's stepping that 24v down to 19v that the laptop uses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks