• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Special Forces style seat covers.

911joeblow

Guys we are gauging interest in special forces style seat covers for high back seats. These are not a direct copy at all and will likely be less for clips and such and more for more civilian type accessories. They will have open pockets, zippered ones and Velcro openings on the backs and on the sides and front. They are complete covers on all sides so they really protect the seats and can save worn out seats too if you are trying to hide something.

We made a few of these up a few years back and liked them but they were pricey to do in low numbers. We made CARC tan ones but might be able to find some Olive or even Camo material. We used a cotton canvas material (sunbrella) so they were durable, washable and somewhat stain resistant. We found it was really nice having places to put things like glasses, wallets, flashlights, handguns, clips, boxes or ammo, tools etc... If there is enough interest we can do these in some numbers to keep the cost down. We are thinking we can get them down to around $30-$50 a piece?

Thoughts?

911joeblow

OK so this is a commander high back HMMWV seat with the larger old style cover we had made. I threw a bunch of stuff into the pockets to give some idea of how we chose those pockets at the time. The lower rear pocket fits the official military maintenance binder as shown. The upper fits a winch control, or a full size pistol, or jumper cables etc. The lower front fits a compact pistol and the side bags fit several clips, the side front pockets also have elastic and hold on to a can of soda perfectly. The seat back sides are great for clips, boxes of ammo, flashlights, knives, tools, etc. There are elastic cords at the top rear that can be tightened as well as at the bottom rear, and another strap that goes under the seat to tension the base. We left a little room in the cover to allow it to fold forward, we make a kit that has push release pins on the seat frame to make the seat able to fold forward. We will start selling those again too. Anyway here are the pics I just took in no particular order....

IMG_20180104_162518.jpgIMG_20180104_161859.jpgIMG_20180104_161958.jpgIMG_20180104_162003.jpgIMG_20180104_162006.jpgIMG_20180104_162033.jpgIMG_20180104_162243.jpgIMG_20180104_162250.jpgIMG_20180104_162313.jpgIMG_20180104_161404.jpg

IMG_20180104_160927.jpgIMG_20180104_161000.jpgIMG_20180104_161241.jpgIMG_20180104_161257.jpgIMG_20180104_160917.jpg

BLK HMMWV

I might be interested if you offered different colors.
I have the green seats so I'd like the fronts to match my rear fabric or at least the color of the rear fabric . I like the look of them and the functionality. I'd kind of like the back better if it had the A.L.I.C.E panel on it.
Just my .02 worth input.
BH

riderdan

I much prefer zippers to velcro--I always hated how loud that stuff was when you were trying for noise discipline...

They look pretty good, but a lot would depend on the quality/price. I've seen pairs of the commercial MOLLE-backed covers for under $150, but I've never pulled the trigger because I've heard they're not well stitched and don't hold up to UV very well. So if yours are better made and not wildly expensive, I'd definitely be interested in one.

Subscribed

911joeblow

Right now we are trying to justify tooling up to make these. I can tell you that we will not be able to offer several styles and colors at the volume we anticipate. We might do CAMO and CARC Tan and maybe Olive too but it all depends on the interest.

They need to be smaller to fit the commander seats a little better than the unit pictured is. However in order to maintain the ability to be easily removed and thrown into the wash after a muddy adventure means they will never be super tight fitting.

The ALICE style panels are not actual seat covers as you know and we considered that option but then we are making all the other pockets and holsters and such and that really raises the prices. I want to keep these cheap enough that they are a no brainier to keep your seats nice or hide ugly seats.

BLK HMMWV

I understand.
I did notice the rather loose fit and I'm glad you agree they need to be a little tighter.
If it's pockets and zippers then that's not a deal breaker for me but then it would get down to matching the color of my rear seats.
I believe they are made out of 383 green Cordura fabric ?

Crapgame

I've got 500d and 1000d Camo Green 483 Cordura Nylon to make the seat covers; the tan color I would use the same MJK Khaki 500d or 1000d used by Eagle to make the SFLCS armor systems and load carriage pouches, either MOLLE-based or fixed pockets sewn on.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to talk myself out of buying another tan Humvee but if I do it has those blue seats so yeah, I would be all over a set. Thanks for trying to bring a product to market.