• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Specs/plans for up armoring a M923

TacticalDoc

does anyone have information about specs/plans for up armoring a m923? The measurements of the panels? Or know where to find them? I just want it for the cab and engine compartment.

Vintage iron

What are you looking to do. The early hillbilly armor or the later Frankenstein cab? I am building gun truck but it won 't be a perfect reproduction.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The Mississippi National Guard operates a rebuild facility at Camp Shelby, MS. My unit mobilized Soldiers out of there while I was on active duty. I used to visit the facility all the time and I watched them up armor some prototype 900 series 5 tons. You might be able to get line drawings from them (tell them you are doing historical research for a book). It's ironic that a lot of those trucks are still there and are going to be put out on the tank range as targets. Your tax dollars at work.auaaua PM CSMdavis...he can give you contact info for the location.

That 2nd picture looks heavy (but sweet looking!).

I drew up a file for some door armor to cut for a guy similar to what is in the first picture, but I think he may have decided shipping would cost too much.

---I actually just noticed you had PM'd me on Facebook about the chevy rear bumper, let me know if I can help you with some armor (real or fake), I have a 5-ton I would use for measuring/fitting. ('real' would just be 3/8" AR500, do some research to see what that will withstand)

TacticalDoc

My brother and I are going to get a plasma cutter and I'll pick up the steel locally. I think it would be to expensive to ship but thanks for the offer. I'm looking for 30 cal. protection. I'm considering thinner steel and multi layer design but that might be to complicated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks