• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speed sensor transfer case.

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
I’m looking for a used or new speed sensor for the output of the transfer case. (Easy to access under the access plate on the rear of the transfer case) Does anyone have the part number. I looked in the TM and didn’t see it
listed? Thanks.

DeMilitarized

I’m looking for a used or new speed sensor for the output of the transfer case. (Easy to access under the access plate on the rear of the transfer case) Does anyone have the part number. I looked in the TM and didn’t see it
listed? Thanks.
Should be this. I had a 2511 code in my M1083a0 and needed a transmission rebuild from a blown pump.

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Should be this. I had a 2511 code in my M1083a0 and needed a transmission rebuild from a blown pump.

Thank you! I’ve checked the sensor and the resistance is way off compared to what it’s supposed to be and compared to
my other truck. These things keep you busy!

DeMilitarized

Thank you! I’ve checked the sensor and the resistance is way off compared to what it’s supposed to be and compared to
my other truck. These things keep you busy!
I sold my 3 FMTVs because they were taking too much of my time. My M932a2 in comparison is a fraction of the headaches. Both have pros and cons just didn't like the pros enough to justify the time.

Ronmar

Yea there are several places for issues: sensor to bulkhead, bh to harness, harness to cab bulkhead connector and cab BH to internal connectors on TCU. In the case of my interference issue, it could also be a shield or missing ground along the path, or leakage in a contaminated connector...

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Yes I’ve went thru everything from the sensor all the way to the front bulk head connector. All good no cross feeding and carried enough amperage to light a Lmtv headlight. With the resistance difference I’m leaning toward a sensor. Thanks

DeMilitarized

Yes I’ve went thru everything from the sensor all the way to the front bulk head connector. All good no cross feeding and carried enough amperage to light a Lmtv headlight. With the resistance difference I’m leaning toward a sensor. Thanks
better pull out your wallet bc the only ones I can find are $1k 😭😭

coachgeo

I think they won't sell to normal people anymore. Also says " Wholesale Inquiries Only! " on website. They just sent me to my local allison dealer.
yeah I knew Ted sadly went to wholesale. Am saddened more; hearing that they won't tell consumers who is a vendor that sells their surplus parts. I'll ask him how to find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks