• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo Cable Lube

ssdvc

I took my dash apart to clean, repaint, polish, lube and relamp with LED's. I am putting it back together and I just wondered if there was any lube required for the speedo cable. I am lubing up all cables and slide pieces under the dash (where needed) and thought I'd ask before proceeding further.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took my dash apart to clean, repaint, polish, lube and relamp with LED's. I am putting it back together and I just wondered if there was any lube required for the speedo cable. I am lubing up all cables and slide pieces under the dash (where needed) and thought I'd ask before proceeding further.
Up in the speedo head itself I have used dusty graphite puff stuff that doesn't gum up the mechanism inside...it only takes a little bit and it should run smooth for a long time.