• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

speedo drive gear

RANDYLBARNES

I am in need of the speedo drive gear in the transfer case that drives the input of the 90 degree adapter that the speedo cable hooks to. If I am correct there are 2 different drive gears for 9.00 and 11.00 tires. I will then build an adapter box to correct the ratio. If anyone has an old t-case with the drive gear let me know what you want for it so I can get the speedo working.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The adapter pictured below comes with different ratios to match your tire size. The one shown here has a ratio of 0.187:1 and is for use with 900-20 tires.
The ratio for 1100-20 tires is 0.200:1
No need to change drive gears inside the T-case.

Attachments

m35a2cowner

Speedo gear

Be very careful when changing the speedo drive! When I got my truck the speedo did not work. I found the shaft that drives the adapter was broken in two. I managed to get another one (round shaft with flat drive end) I put it in and was very careful (I thought) to align it up in the gear. I put everything together and drove the truck. The speedo didn't work. When I got home the speedo adapter was hanging from the cable. The drive had been ripped out of the case and the new drive was ground to metal filings in the T case. I am still not sure what I did wrong. I could not find a helicoil large enough so I purchased another case. So be careful. Maybe someone else knows the proper way to install the drive. Good luck.

RANDYLBARNES

The round shaft with a flat end is what I am looking for. One person that I spoke with called it a paddle. I have the adapter and piece that threads into the transfer case but am missing the paddle.

ida34

One of the things on my list from Memphis Equipment is this same item for my truck. I will let you know price and availability. I hope to get it because the only other way I know to get one is to buy a transfer case.

CGarbee

Memphis has them, but be sitting down when they tell you how much they cost... I need a unit for my M35A2C (900x20 tires), but am running without the speedo until I can snag a good used one... The guts to my right hand drive fell out about a year ago... Got the drive piece that randylbarnes is asking about and the cable is still attached to the adapter case, I'm just missing the end where the Zerk fitting was and the gear that actually drove the cable... (if any of this makes sense...).

Hmm, considering that Saturn has them for about half as much as Memphis, I think that I will call and order one today... Thanks for the link to the parts listing...

ida34

RANDYLBARNES said:
The round shaft with a flat end is what I am looking for. One person that I spoke with called it a paddle. I have the adapter and piece that threads into the transfer case but am missing the paddle.
Randy,
I just got the quote from memphis equipment on your paddle. It is $10.49. I got my quote from John Browning. He got the price from me giving the NSN, Part number, and an exploded diagram with the part highlighted so I know it is the right part.

Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks