• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo woes

CGarbee

Guys,
I've done it again... Going down the road on Saturday, right at 50mph, and the speedo dies... Got home, went under the truck and found out that the guts of the right angle adapter at the t-case are missing.... This happened before (about three thousand miles ago) and I replaced the original one with a takeout form Bjorn (thanks).
Any guesses/reasons why I'm loosing these things?
What am I missing on the instal or my PM?

I hate to purchase a new one only to have it fall apart in a year...

Thanks,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might be looking to fill that cable with graphite. If the cable is dragging, it can take out the gears on the adapter.

FrankUSMC

How many of you opened this post "praying" there was not a photo of Garbee wearing sreedos? and having trouble with them.....
One of the few, Frank

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny: Well, that thought did not enter my mind until you asked this! Then, YUCK! :cookoo: rofl Thanks a lot Frank! BTW, that kind of speedo failure at 50 mph would be very embarrassing for sure! Especially as your "needle "drops to 0!

FrankUSMC

That should read "Garbee wearing speedos" not sreedos....I was to busy trying to get the image out of my head to worry about spelling...
One of the few, Frank

CGarbee

Geez Frank...

The image of me in a speedo has ME gagging... I don't own one, and if I did, I wouldn't post a photo of me wearing it here since folks would never recover...

To help everyone recover from that mental image, here are a couple shots of some nice suits on ladies in my M38 (not Speedo's, but who cares?).

Attachments