• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer calibration with different tires?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a case of theft, plain and simple.

I know I wouldn’t stand for it. And you have picture evidence.

cg25713

Thank you both. Yes doc I'm a lawyer licensed in NY and CA and will of course take legal and other actions if necessary. I haven't disclosed the name of the shop to give them a chance to make it right.

Action: I thought the tires looked great also - your opinion on that helps a lot. Also, u r right again - no LED headlight(s) or closeout panel came with the truck. They installed and charged me for two non-led headlights. I changed them to LED after. Is the closeout panel one or two pieces? I will ask them for that as well.

Could anyone estimate the cost of a set of 24 Bolt/BFG wheel sets in excellent condition? 2-3K?

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't need to estimate. You can go to AMG website and government websites to see the price NEW.

You can also ask people like RWH.

cg25713

Yes Doc but they were not brand new. Also, shipping cost is the big kicker. I would think a 24 bolt/bfg combo in excellent condition would be $700-800 each. I have no idea what the cost to ship 4 of these would be? Anyone know?

BTW - I found another part in pictures that was missing when delivered. The right front radiator panel cover in engine compartment. After Action told me it was missing I replaced it with a new one. It’s in the pics though. It may have been removed while working on the engine but obviously should have been put back.

PS: There is an empty Marlboro Lights box stuck in the engine I didn’t get either.

Last edited:

Action

Thank you both. Yes doc I'm a lawyer licensed in NY and CA and will of course take legal and other actions if necessary. I haven't disclosed the name of the shop to give them a chance to make it right.

Action: I thought the tires looked great also - your opinion on that helps a lot. Also, u r right again - no LED headlight(s) or closeout panel came with the truck. They installed and charged me for two non-led headlights. I changed them to LED after. Is the closeout panel one or two pieces? I will ask them for that as well.

Could anyone estimate the cost of a set of 24 Bolt/BFG wheel sets in excellent condition? 2-3K?
The below pic is your truck. The closeout panel is one piece with insulation stuck to it.
6044575 is $161.64 at Mac Motors.

1621103861342.png

1621103874742.png

Action

Yes Doc but they were not brand new. Also, shipping cost is the big kicker. I would think a 24 bolt/bfg combo in excellent condition would be $700-800 each. I have no idea what the cost to ship 4 of these would be? Anyone know?

BTW - I found another part in pictures that was missing when delivered. The right front radiator panel cover in engine compartment. After Action told me it was missing I replaced it with a new one. It’s in the pics though. It may have been removed while working on the engine but obviously should have been put back.

PS: There is an empty Marlboro Lights box stuck in the engine I didn’t get either.
Do you mean the big plastic splashshield across the bottom of this pic?

1621104213127.png

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The law is replacement value! They need to replace what they stole.

The price is absolutely NEW to replace the stolen items with dependable driveable items. They stole so they must replace with USEABLE items.

That is the law. I have seen mechanics pull crap and this was the yardstick they were hit with.

Action

Here are the items that would come off with the RH Splash Shield....nuts and bolts not included...over $200 in parts

12460531-2 splashshield $65.74

12469025 seal $13.67

ec12460529b1 seal bracket (4) $6.83 x 4 = $27.32

12460527 seal plate $21.45

12469027 front bracket $68.01

12338635 spacer $13.84

Action

I was just telling my father about this. He suggested checking to make sure they didn't just swap VIN tags and give you back another truck...

cg25713

Thank you both very much again. Yes Action the right splash guard. I bought it and related hardware from Mac Motors and yes it was around $200. Thanks for your Dad‘s input and honestly I was thinking the same thing but I’m pretty positive it’s the same truck. Many markings and small items are exactly like the pics and other things that were missing in the pics were still missing when I got it i.e. Washer fluid tank, pump and nozzles and others. Camo layout and stenciled id info also matches. I‘m going to add my Mac Motor receipts for missing items and the cost of a new close out panel to my demand.

And Doc I hear what ur saying and u r right but if I can recover exactly what I paid for and resolve this quickly - I’d rather do that. It all depends on how the owner responds and what he will do to make it right.

I practice in Manhattan and Beverly Hills and my world is an absolute caveman, kill or be killed jungle. A world I’m hesitant to expose civilians to - even if they try to rip me off. Unfortunately, yes, it’s really that bad.

On the other hand, if he‘s not fully cooperative, accommodating and apologetic - I‘ll nuke him, likely out of business for good. I just hate wasting my time and energy and causing such destruction, due to my momentary anger and emotion. Plus - I always end up feeling guilty and somewhat diabolical. I prefer the high road.

Although I’m one of the good guys, my life advice seems to always apply, TRUST NO ONE. Enough of my therapy - you guys are a lifesaver and I appreciate It.

Action

felony.
he ripped you off.
why be nice.
How many others have they done this to and got away with it?
Is this a shop that works on HMMWVs specifically? or just a regular shop you sent it to?
If they want the crappy 12 bolt rims and tires back, they can cover return shipping, too.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You contracted them to live a truck, not make unsolicited repairs. They had no right

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m sure engine parts and shock absorbers and spare tires also manage to fall off.

This shipper was and is liable.

cg25713

The the driver side closeout panel #6044575 is sold out at Mac Motors and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any ideas on where to find one? Except for the shop where my truck was.

Action

The the driver side closeout panel #6044575 is sold out at Mac Motors and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any ideas on where to find one? Except for the shop where my truck was.
As stated above, it could have blown out in transit or disappeared in the auction lot. It is a good idea to be at a location (if possible) when a truck gets picked up. Or pics or quick walkaround video. There are almost too many variables to know where your parts went.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks