• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer drive gear

MOOSERABBIT

So just as anything else, fix one, break one. Havery been servicing the truck and made a quick trip to lowes for some household stuff. Enroute the speedometer takes a crap. Found out it was the drive key pt 30448D. Which was easy enough to find and order....problem is the gear 35 tooth is not an easy find. How much difference would a 36 tooth gear make? (Cannot get the other half of key out of 35 tooth gear)
Gary

Action

These break when they are not put back in the correct position. The piece at the top of the hole rotates to a different spot for each gear.

Just use a GPS and compare to your speedo to know how much it is different.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So just as anything else, fix one, break one. Havery been servicing the truck and made a quick trip to lowes for some household stuff. Enroute the speedometer takes a crap. Found out it was the drive key pt 30448D. Which was easy enough to find and order....problem is the gear 35 tooth is not an easy find. How much difference would a 36 tooth gear make? (Cannot get the other half of key out of 35 tooth gear)
Gary
I might have a few, orange gears.
You should replace your cable.
36 tooth are for 2.73 gear trucks.

Last edited:

DavidWm998

Ok I have had similar problems. Speedo stopped working, found the cable was screwed up from getting a little warm. Replaced cable and bam, still not working. Knew it wouldn't be that simple. Took it all apart and found the drive key had broken. Where did you find a drive key?

MOOSERABBIT

Ok I have had similar problems. Speedo stopped working, found the cable was screwed up from getting a little warm. Replaced cable and bam, still not working. Knew it wouldn't be that simple. Took it all apart and found the drive key had broken. Where did you find a drive key?
I got mine from kascar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk