• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer non-functional - checked threads

Amxhunter

Yes i checked the threads :)

Speedo spins OK by hand.

Take cable loose under truck - attach drill - don't work. Made sure core was as far in as possible and checked both directions.

Took cable loose at speedometer end. Both
ends turn.

Kinda makes me think the core end that goes into the speedo is bad ?????

How do you fix that without having to replace the whole cable ? If that's the problem.

Heavysteven

Did you check where the cable goes into the transfer case yet? Mine was loose and I took it apart cleaned the reinstalled. Fixed my problem. It was a pain to get apart though.

KsM715

Were you able to put the drill on one end and see the other end spin? (calble broke in the middle). Or leave the cable attatched to the speedo and spin with a drill and see if it registers? if that works then its a problem where it attatches to the trans.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda makes me think the core end that goes into the speedo is bad ?????
How do you fix that without having to replace the whole cable ? If that's the problem.
You should be able to tell if the end is bad by looking at it. You can get a new cable for a reasonabe price. I would go ahead and replace the entire cable. I just replaced mine a few months ago with a new one from Saturn.

Lex_Ordo

I had the same issue. One call to Saturn, and a new cable arrived the next day. Spent an hour or so, playing around, and snaking, then with a little help from a friend to keep the nut on the cab floor by the accelerator from spinning, and some time on my back of the cab floor to make sure it was installed tight behind the guage, and we were back in business.

New without issue. I think you should just replace, and be done with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks